addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland Metro Yoga Message Board › Sacred Art painting workshops coming to Portland!!

Sacred Art painting workshops coming to Portland!!

A former member
Post #: 1
I painted with Mavis last spring and it is because of my experience painting the first chakra and the childbirth labyrinth yantra that I am helping to organize these workshops here in Portland. I hope you will check out the blog and pass the word along to anyone who might be called to do this! This is Mavis's first Portland visit and is coming here from New York.
A brief bio:
Mavis is one of only a few persons living in the US with over two decades of training in this sacred art, combined with a devotion to teach others. Her sadhana (spiritual practice) consists of painting yantras and deities and helping others through this transformational art form.
She studied these ancient techniques of yantra and silk deity painting with Tantric Master Shri Harish Johari , (Dada-ji) and was his personal assistant for more than twenty years. Dada-ji encouraged Mavis Gewant to teach this knowledge and requested her to illustrate his last book, Planetary Meditation Kit, which contains yantras and mantras of the planets.
A childbirth educator, Mavis is also a labor support and postpartum doula. Her powerful illustration of a Childbirth Yantra was recently published in, When Labyrinth Becomes Laborinth, by Pam England.
Mavis has taught at numerous ashrams and yoga centers worldwide, including Ananda Ashram, Sivananda Yoga Retreat Bahamas, Unison Arts Center, The Living Seed, West Seattle Yoga, Samadhi Yoga Seattle. She teaches private and group classes as well.
For more information on these workshops please view http://sacredpainting...­