Reston & Herndon's Young and Fun LADIES (20s-30s) Pages
I wanted to gear this group more towards women in their 20s and 30s. Women residing in the suburbs, but still looking to get out and socialize. Just cause we live 20 minutes outside the beltway doesn't mean we can't have fun and meet great people. There's still a life out here too, right?!?!?! So let's go out to network, socialize and flirt with life! Activities that will be offered:
Snow tubing, Skiing, Snowboarding trips
Table of Contents
Most recent update
Last edited by
About Reston & Herndon's Young and Fun LADIES (20s-30s)
Just because we live in the suburbs doesn't mean we don't know how to have fun, right?!?!?! This meetup is designed to target ladies that want to meet and network with people with similar interest.
I would like to keep this group within the age range of 20s - 30s years old.
So let's go out to socialize and flirt with life!
We will be hosting happy hours, dinners, lunches, brunches, sporting events (watching and playing), movie nights, shopping, dancing, pot lucks, festivals, concerts, night out in DC and Arlington, Winery trips, zumba classes, etc...etc...etc....
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."
This is not a group who just meets up when we are bored and have nothing to do, its about open women building genuine and lasting friendships, sharing a common bond, and simply having fun!! It doesnt matter where you're from, what color you are, your age, weight, backgroud, marital status, etc, as long as you're a woman......this group is for you. This group is meant for ladies who want to go out, meet new people, socialize, get away from the worries of life etc.. This is such a great area to live in, and there is so much to do, as long as you have someone to do it with. I love finding great things to do and enjoying them with girlfirends!! Dining out, Music, Movies, Books, Travel, Festivals, Concerts, Coffee shops, lounges, wine tasting, night life, spas, working out, dancing, Shopping..... or anything that spells fun we'll do it!!
I dont know how many times Ive started conversations and held them for 20-45minutes with women at the nail salon, grocery store, my daughter's gymnastics practice etc...... and although we laughed and had things in common, we walked away awkwardly and said our, "So nice meeting you, goodbye" and then I never see them again!! Men do it all the time, we should be able to gather numbers and use them to our convenience for girl dates or whatever!!! Please don't be shy and jump right in whenever you please!! If you have free day and there's nothing on the calendar: Call me 702-285-3274....Im down for anything and I can send an email to the entire group from anywhere......its sucks doing things alone, beleive me I know!!
I just moved here from Las Vegas, NV and have found it hard to make friends. I was a member of several meetup groups back home (I loved it) and even was an asst organizer for Las Vegas GNO (Girls nigt out, if you havent picked up LOL!) which had over 1200 members! I met all my closest friends through meetup and have made life long girlfriends through
1) $10 we don't make money doing this. (Women only! Sorry men, this is not a dating service. haha)
2) Drama-free zone! We're here to have a good time and to make friends! We're grown women, this is not high school!!!!
3) Participate! Participation in events, even occasionally, will help the group thrive. Don't feel you have to go to all of them, just the ones you are interested in. ALSO, don't hesitate to make event and get-together suggestions. We're always looking for new ideas and new organizers. This group is for you to enjoy!
4) Event Costs & Refunds: Some events require a minimum # of attendees to guarantee the price per person. These events will be set up as "payment required" at time of RSVP. Unfortunately, members no-showing at events is becoming a regular occurance (all meetup groups have this problem) and doing this will guarantee the organizer & venue the expected payment regardless of how many attend, as well as keep the price per remaining person the same. If you need to cancel we will refund your money if we are able to fill your spot.
5) Ratings and Comments:
Try to comment and rate the events after you participate using meetup.com's rating system, it helps us know what you enjoyed and what you didn't so we can make each event even better than the last! Keep in mind, how you rate and how you comment cannot be changed once you do it and every individual event rating affects the overall group rating, so please try to be fair, thoughtful, and appreciative.
6) TIPS FOR ENJOYING OUR MEETUPS:
*READ event listings carefully! Look for a meetup location, jot down the organizer's contact number. Before each event, take a quick browse of the list of attendees. It helps to know faces & names, and maybe even read a little about each member going to the event. You might find you have something in common! :)
* Talk Talk Talk - Introduce yourself to other members...yes, it is hard sometimes and takes a lot of courage, but I guarantee that breaking that ice will help you and the other person enjoy the event even more! And will help you develop new friendships faster!
*Go with the flow - Sometimes things aren't what you expected, or didn't turn out the way they were supposed to......but keep an open mind and go with the flow. It's the company NOT the activity that dictates whether it's "fun" or not. Be positive, be yourself, and be open to new people! I truly believe that EVERYONE brings something to the table!
Interested in hosting an events (movie nights, dinners, happy hours, potlucks, game nights, shopping, zumba classes .). Let me know so they can be posted on our calendar.