010PHP: Push your side effects to the edge
Push your side effects to the edge - Pim Elshoff
You followed all the rules: TDD, SOLID, CUPID and of course DDD. But when refactoring time comes, you still have to touch all those pesky tests.
You thought refactoring meant not changing the tests!?
In this session we'll see how design choices can lead to test pain - and how you can avoid that pain by pushing side effects to the edge. We'll:
- Identify context and side-effects
- Split up different kinds of logic
- Black-box test *all the things*
- ... identify when and when not to!
Connect with Pim Elshoff on:
Hosted by: Pionect
We are Pionect, we develop custom-made software applications to help our customers execute their vision in the digital space. Our expertise falls within the areas of process design, data, technology and digital change management. On top of that, our Dutch approach means our customers always have an honest, open and realistic roadmap for their digital transformation.
Connect with Pionect
Location and Parking instructions
Location: Maashaven Zuidzijde 2, 3081 AE Rotterdam
Located on the 5th floor, paid parking is available on the street and you can park at Karwei down the street. It is also very well connected with the tram and metro (Maashaven station is 2 minutes walking).
- 19:00 - 20:00 - Doors open & Food
- 20:00 - 20:15 - A word from our organizers / location sponsor
- 20:15 - 21:00 - Push your side effects to the edge - Pim Elshoff
- 21:00 - 00:00 - Round up and start of Social!