Please be in time to avoid queues at the check-in desk. We will send an email with a QR code to all participants to enter the parking garage close to Building 7.
Don't forget to bring the QR code (click link below) and a valid ID !!!
We have two hot-shot talks about C/C++ close to hardware.
16:45 Doors open
17:10 Uncle Bob video: The Liskov Substitution Principle, part 1, clean coders video 11.1, https://cleancoders.com/episode/clean-code-episode-11-p1/show
18:00 Intro to ASML's software challenges
18:15 Dinner + tech discussions at the ASML experience center
19:15 Lex Augusteijn: "Hacking the EOS 300D digital camera and camera control for high-speed photography", https://040coders.nl/abstracts/2018-11-Lex-Augusteijn.shtml
20:30 Bram Riemens: "High Level Synthesis: from dream to reality", https://040coders.nl/abstracts/2018-11-Bram-Riemens.shtml
Note that you're free to walk in later and/or skip Uncle Bob.
We do request everyone to be present by 17:55...
Co-hosted by the Dutch C++ Group from Amsterdam, check out their meetups: https://www.meetup.com/The-Dutch-Cpp-Group/
Spread the word! PDF Poster available below.
17:00 doors open
17:15 Uncle Bob will talk about The Open-Closed Principle (Clean Coders video #10)
18:15 Intro from our host TMC
19:15 Guus Verweij, Prowareness Zuid-Oost: "What can we learn from Google's Project Aristotle?"
20:15 Klaas van Gend, Sioux: "Professional Software Development"
17:00 Doors open
17:10 Uncle Bob video #9: "The Single Responsibility Principle"
Two talks about real time systems:
* Hans Zuidam, "Real Time Systems were better in the past",
* Willem Jan Withagen: "Internet and Real Time: a call for disaster?"
We thank The High Tech Institute for hosting our event at BCN, Kennedyplein 204, Eindhoven.
Please consider donating €2, €4, €8, or €16 to 040coders.nl to help us cover our costs!
Note: we have a non-standard date: June 14, 2018 is the second Thursday of June, not the third.
Our schedule is:
* Uncle Bob Episode 8, "Foundations of the SOLID principles" (50 min)
* Angelo van der Sijpt, "What you didn't know you wanted to know about the JVM"
* Ana-Maria Sutii, "Create your own domain-specific language using the Jetbrains MetaProgramming System"
17:00 Doors open
17:15 Uncle Bob #7: "Architecture, Use Cases, and High Level Design" (first half)
19:15 Noud Aldenhoven: "introduction to Machine Learning and image recognition"
20:00 Paola Jaramillo: "Demystifying deep learning: A practical approach in MATLAB"
20:45 Joris Kraak: "A Practical Introduction to Julia"
17:00 Doors open
17:10 Uncle Bob Clean Coders video #5: "Form"
18:15 Marc Hamilton: "MDD at Altran"
18:30 Dinner & drinks from our sponsor Altran
19:20 Rutger van Beusekom, Verum: "Dezyne under the hood"
20:25 Klaas van Gend, Thermo Fisher Scientific / Sioux: "Test Driven Development: pair programming to the max"
Note: ring the doorbel at the Altran car park to enter or park at the AH XL. Full abstracts available:
* 17:00 doors open
* 17:15 SECOND HALF of Uncle Bob Clean Coders video #4: "Function Structure" (https://cleancoders.com/episode/clean-code-episode-4/show)
* 18:00 short introduction Fourtress
* 18:15 Food and Drinks, sponsored by Fourtress
* 19:15 Jos van Eijndhoven, Synopsis: Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities: the challenge is up. (http://040coders.nl/abstracts/2018-02-Jos-van-Eijndhoven.shtml)
* 20:15 Herman Roebbers, Altran: What can I do to make my embedded (IoT) system use less energy? (http://040coders.nl/abstracts/2018-02-Herman-Roebbers.shtml)
* 21:15 end of programme, another round of drinks
The event is held in the famous Eindhoven city center building "De Witte Dame" and is co-organized by 040coders.nl and Fourtress.
The entrance to the "Witte Dame Auditorium" is through an elevator close to the escalators for the public library. We'll make sure there are enough signs.
Be advised that all parking in Eindhoven is paid parking.
We're skipping the December meetup and will be back on January 18th with the first half of a new Uncle Bob video and two talks on the topic of C++:
* 17:00 doors open
* 17:15 FIRST HALF of Uncle Bob Clean Coders video #4: "Function Structure" (https://cleancoders.com/episode/clean-code-episode-4/show)
* 18:00 Demos by Topic
* 18:15 Food, sponsored by Topic
* 19:15 Kristoffel Pirard (Sioux Belgium): "C++17: std::optional and std::variant" (http://040coders.nl/abstracts/2018-01-Kristoffel-Pirard.shtml)
* 20:15 Peter Bindels (Tom Tom): "Hippomocks: making a mockery of C++" (http://040coders.nl/abstracts/2018-01-Peter-Bindels.shtml)
* 21:15 end
• 17:00 door open
• 17:15 Presentation of our host Prodrive
Contrary to the normal programme, we won't have an Uncle Bob video, but a big tour of the Prodrive facilities. Make sure to be in time for this one time only opportunity!
The tour will be followed by dinner.
• 19:15 TALK1: Saurav Paul (ICT): "Smooth Adoption of Dezyne: An Engineer’s Experiences" (http://040coders.nl/abstracts/2017-11-Saurav-Paul.shtml)
• 20:15 TALK2: Jorik Caljouw (MathWorks): "Model driven design and simulation using C++ generated by Simulink" (http://040coders.nl/abstracts/2017-11-Jorik-Caljouw.shtml).
• 21:15 drinks
Please note that all talks above a clickable and link to more details.