What we're about
Who We Are
• 1 Million Cups OKC (http://www.1millioncups.com/okc) is for local entrepreneurs wanting to share ideas, grow their start-up and connect with like minded, creative individuals.
• 1 Million Cups is a free, monthly program that first and foremost educates, but also engages and connects, local entrepreneurs.
Why is it called 1 Million Cups?
Developed by the Kauffman Foundation, (http://www.kauffman.org) 1 Million Cups is based on the notion that entrepreneurs network and discover solutions over a million cups of coffee.
Where to find us
We meet the second Wednesday of each month at 9am at StarSpace 46 located at 1141 W. Sheridan in Oklahoma City. Free parking is available in the lot located on the SW corner of Sheridan and Klein (diagonally across from SS46).
About 1 Million Cups
The culture surrounding 1 Million Cups is that of a supportive, neutral space that welcomes entrepreneurs to be open and honest about their business and the challenges they face.
Starting in Kansas City in 2012, in just 3 years, 1 Million Cups has expanded to 200 cities across the U.S. Oklahoma City held its first 1 Million Cups meeting on August 5, 2015.
What's in it for you?
The benefits are different for everyone. Here are some of the things our members have told us they value:
• A free cup of coffee
• They reached a mental block in their startup and hearing others ideas helped them move forward
• The opportunity to share what they went through with others
• Being around a creative group of people
• You never know who you might meet at one of the meetings, it could be an investor, a thought leader, a connector or a new friend
• The process for preparing to present was extremely helpful. The organizers provided insight and feedback to help me focus on the right message.
• After presenting, I was blown away by the great questions and ideas from the community. I wish I would have known about this forum a year ago.
Have a idea you'd like to present?
We are always looking to help startups with great ideas. Presenting could be one of those ways. Visit our Apply to Present (http://www.1millioncups.com/presentation-education) page to get all the details.
Once someone has been approved and has presented in one location, they have the opportunity to be a 'passport' presenter in any other 1MC location.
To learn more, apply to present or register for updates, visit us at http://www.1millioncups.com/okc