What we're about
A bi-monthly reading group for the Palmers Green/Winchmore Hill/Southgate area of London.
I would like to form a small group for people in the N14/N13/N21 area who would like to meet regularly for reasonably interesting discussion about books alongside a bit of socialising. I have been a member of a very successful group for many years in another part of London and the following definitely worked for us.
• bi-monthly meetings so that we could choose longer, meatier titles with no pressure and/or have time to read things that weren't book club related.
• agreeing a regular slot (third Wednesday, first Monday etc.) and sticking to it.
• a commitment to take part regularly so that the group has a stable core and people get to know one another.
• taking turns to nominate suggested titles and going with the majority decision.
• avoiding the current bestseller lists.
• respectful dissent
• occasional cinema visits to see the film of the book
and last but not least.... Wine
If this sounds like your sort of group please do send a message.