What we're about
Tots and Growing currently full and adding names to our waitlist. Once you apply, a member of our leadership team will contact you about adding your name to our list. Please remember to turn on notifications and check Meetup regularly to check your messages. Thank you for applying!
Ready to join Tots and Growing? Please do the following!
* When you are creating your profile, please be sure that your full name and a picture of yoursel is included. This helps us to know who we are meeting.
* Please read the group description! We are located in Portage, Michigan and require a ONCE MONTHLY time commitment. If you live further than 30 minutes away or you are unable to commit to our attendance policy, another group more local to you may be a better fit. If you do not attend something within the first 8 weeks, your membership will be revoked and you will be removed from the Meetup group as well as the Facebook group.
* If you RSVP for an event and do not show, it’s consider a no-call, no-show. Two of these in a calendar year will result in immediate removal from the group. Please be courteous to your fellow group members and update your RSVP. We understand that life comes up and plans change, but this is an important step.
* Login to Meetup! You will not automatically receive notifications from the Meetup site. We recommend turning on the notifications in the member settings of the Meetup site/app. A member of our leadership team will be in touch with you once you have applied and it is imperative that you respond to this message to set up a time to meet. If a response is not received within one week, your membership request will be deleted. You may re-request to join but will be added to the bottom of our waitlist.
* Dues are currently $10/year and cover the cost of the Meetup site and supplies for our annual parties. Dues are required to be paid before your request to join is accepted to the Tots and Growing group. Dues are non refundable.
* All children are required to be vaccinated in accordance with state standards.
Our group was formed by a wonderful group of women who wanted play dates that were more age-appropriate for their young children. Since that time siblings, school and moves have happened. Our group is primarily made up of kids ranging from newborns to early elementary aged.
All prospective members must meet an organizer before membership will be approved. We do this to keep the privacy and integrity of our group in tact. New member meets will occur in a public place. This is not an interview! Once a prospective member has completed this step membership will not be denied.
We try to keep our calendar full of fun activities! We offer in-Home play dates, trips to local museums, libraries and restaurants, as well as monthly (oftentimes more!) moms night outs! There is no hosting requirement for our group, but we love member input when it comes to scheduling events around town or in their home. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have an idea!
Tots and Growing also has a private Facebook page for current members. The information you share in this group will not be public and is only accessible by other members of the Meetup group. If/when you choose to leave Tots and Growing, you will be removed from the Facebook group as well. This helps us maintain the privacy of our current members.
We’re exited to have you as a part of our group!