This group is for local moms of any age who are currently pregnant and/or expecting a baby in 2018 or 2019. Our members are also expecting and looking to make local female mommy-friends. It will be great to have a support group that can get together to share in the joys (and misery) of pregnancy and especially first time motherhood! This group is open to working moms and stay-at-home moms! You should be local to the Pasadena area- Pasadena, Altadena, Arcadia, Monrovia, etc.
Our events will take place on weekdays and weekends, at local parks and member's homes. You can expect wine-free (sad face) happy hour, fitness partners, day trips, luncheons, play-dates (once our babies have arrived!), and more. Maybe some events involving daddies as well :) This is a first for most of us, so if you have an idea for a meetup or would like to host an event please let an organizer know! My plan is to create an event once we have at least 10 members. If someone would like to post something earlier that is fine too.
• To join... You are female, currently pregnant/expecting a baby in 2018 or 2019.
• Local moms only... most events are located in the "626 area" otherwise known as the San Gabriel Valley. You must be willing to make the commute to our events and not cancel due to traffic coming from a far location.
• Profile pic... We won't ever post random no-host events. All our events are posted by real women like you who want to meet other moms to form genuine friendships and support with our new babies. We want our group members to always feel safe and secure. That said, so that you stand out in a crowd, please have a real CLEAR photo of yourself as your profile pic so we know who you are. Please do not use photos taken from a far distance or photos of your dog or baby.
• This is a private group. Non-members browsing meetup can see the date & time of the event and the title of the event such as "A Walk in the Park". However, they cannot see the location or address of the event, and they cannot see the attendees list. In addition, non-members cannot see who is a member of our group. Sidenote: if your meetup profile is set to public, anyone will be able to see the groups you are in.
• RSVP policy... Our hosts are real people with real lives and they are expecting you to show up if you RSVP "yes". If something comes up and you can no longer make it, we ask that you please change your RSVP to "no" immediately. No shows and repeated flaking out are not allowed and will result in removal from the group. Repeatedly changing your RSVP from "yes" to "no" on the day of the event will also result in removal from the group.
• Deposit on Events... To combat meetup.com's flaking problem, most events will have a $5 deposit fee in order to be added to the guest list for that event. This fee is always refunded to you after your attendance at the event or if you cancel at least 48-hours prior to the event. It will not be refunded for any reason if you cancel within 48 hours of the event. This is how we protect our Event Hosts from No-Shows. Its easiest to make a deposit to our hosts by using venmo or paypal, so please download one or the other.
• No selling stuff... No events with the purpose of selling anything to our members.
• Organizer dues... Meetup.com charges organizers an annual subscription fee which each group on Meetup must pay for (around $180 a year!). If you would like to "donate" towards the group's annual fee that would be super awesome!