addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

20s and 30s in COMO! Message Board › happy hour changes (?)

happy hour changes (?)

Sarah W.
user 9602019
Columbia, MO
To All -

As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a bi-monthly Thursday happy hour. At the time I started the event, Thursday was the only day I was available to host. My schedule has now changed, and I am unable to host the happy hour anymore (roller derby practice). Before I change plans for everyone based on my schedule, what do you all think?

- Do you even like having a recurring happy hour? Attendance varies greatly and no one is ever sure of who will show up.

- If so, do you want to stick with Thursdays? I cannot meet you there, so someone else would have to step up to be the "meet and greet" point, or you would have to find each other. Would another day of the week be better? Again, I couldn't guarantee my schedule, but perhaps a different day would be a better choice for the group.

- Would anyone object to moving the location to 1837 Taphouse? It's smaller, but their beer specials are good, the food is tastier, and it's a local business rather than a national chain.

Any and all responses are welcome, either via the message board or direct email to me. This group is meant for YOU, so please tell me what YOU would like to have happen!

See you soon,

Sarah
A former member
Post #: 6
I would prefer a Tuesday or Monday evening. I got custody worked out with my exwife and I have had my son Thurs- Sunday for the past 9 months.
Kara M.
user 31240342
Columbia, MO
Post #: 1
1. I like recurring happy hours.
2. Moving it from Thursday is just fine with me, especially since it means you can join us!
3. I'm a fan of 1839 Taphouse, especially their Jukebox!

Thanks for organizing all this! You're a rock star!

Kara
A former member
Post #: 3
I don't think it would hurt to change the day and place on a regular basis
that way if someone has a conflict on a given day or doesn't like a particular
restaurant, they are more likely to be able to make it to at least some of
the meetups.
Greg
user 3174342
Columbia, MO
Post #: 12
I like the recurring happy hour and would be fine moving it to a different day. Friday or Saturday evening are good times for happy hours but I'm flexible for whatever works for the most people. And 1837 Taphouse is a great place to go.
Greg
user 3174342
Columbia, MO
Post #: 13
Another thought would be to alternate the happy hour between Houlihans and Taphouse. I don't know if that would be confusing to people but it would add some variety. Either way, I hope it will fit with your schedule so we can continue to enjoy your company. Thanks for all you do for the group! smile
A former member
Post #: 4
I don't think it would be too confusing especially if you stated what it was beforehand.
For instance you could have Houlihans on the first Tuesday of the month and
Taphouse on the 3rd Wednesday.