What's in a name? I love the movie 24 Hour Party People so I just riffed on that to come up with 24 Hour Product People. This group is targeting physical product people from industrial designers to entrepreneurs launching physical product. Seattle has tons of Meetups related to Startups in tech but I'm looking to create a meet up that targets Physical Product makers and entrepreneurs as our needs are different.
• Our funding is different - Seed funding, Crowdsourcing, P.O. financings, and factoring.
• Our challenges are different - Distribution and fullfilment needs.
• Our marketing is different - online and offline marketing, PR, etc.
• Our sales channels are different - Big Box Retailers, Rep Groups, Online, wholesale, etc.
• Our Customers are different - as well as how we reach them.
After years of trying to glean the info I needed by attending other Startup Meetups (which have been great but still leave me wanting more), I wanted to be part of a group of people who are involved in physical products. I think Seattle is an amazing place for startups & I'd like there to be a closer knit physical product community...enter 24 Hour Product People.
If you’ve ever considered doing Shark Tank well now is your chance. They are in Tacoma on March 10th doing open casting. It’s a simple 1-minute pitch and I’m helping people prep for it.
Join the facebook group for more info and some additional videos
The Zoom Meeting will be online at https://zoom.us/s/6467515138
on Saturday from 10 to 12. Come anytime during those times an ask your questions.