New Haven Link: People’s Climate Bus (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peoples-climate-march-new-haven-ct-dc-tickets-32863875737)
Hartford Link: People’s Climate Bus (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peoples-climate-march-hartford-ct-dc-tickets-32864583855)
New London Link: People’s Climate Bus (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peoples-climate-march-conn-college-new-london-ct-dc-tickets-32906421994)
Machester Link: People’s Climate Bus (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peoples-climate-march-manchester-ct-dc-tickets-32906755993)
Fairfield Link: People’s Climate Bus (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peoples-climate-march-fairfield-ct-dc-tickets-32906771038)
Middletown Link : People’s Climate Bus (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peoples-climate-march-middletown-ct-dc-tickets-32906271544)
New Britain Link : People’s Climate Bus (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peoples-climate-march-ccsu-new-britain-ct-dc-tickets-32906312667)
Storrs Link : People’s Climate Bu (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peoples-climate-march-uconn-storrs-ct-dc-tickets-32906345766)s
Get the 350 CT T-shirt for the march : https://www.bonfire.com/350ct-pcm2017/
There is no denying it: Donald Trump’s election is a threat to the future of our planet, the safety of our communities, and the health of our families.
This new administration is attacking the hard-won protections of our climate, health, and communities, and the rights of people of color, workers, indigenous people, immigrants, women, LGBTQIA, young people, and more.
If the policies he proposed on the campaign trail are implemented, they will destroy our climate, decimate our jobs and livelihoods, and undermine the civil rights and liberties won in many hard fought battles.
It’s up to us to stop that from happening before it starts.
Our fights are tied together, and we will only succeed together. That’s why, from now through the first 100 days and beyond, we are taking action and standing up for everything and everyone we love — and we are calling on everyone to join us on April 29th; for a massive march to bring our demands to the streets of Washington, D.C.
We’re ready to fight back, and we are ready to build a resistance to Trump and Congress’ attacks on our climate, our communities, and our jobs that stands alongside the unprecedented Women’s Marches and other powerful rallies that shook the globe in the hours and days following the inauguration of Donald Trump and the 115th Congress.
On April 29th, we will march for our families. We will march for our air, our water, and our land. We will march for clean energy jobs and climate justice. We will march for our communities and the people we love.
In 2014, we said that it takes everyone to change everything. Now, with everything at stake, everyone has a part to play.
350 CT will be providing transportation options to this important event. Details will be provided soon.
People’s Climate Platform
- Directly and rapidly reduce greenhouse gas and toxic pollution to successfully combat climate change and improve public health
- Mandate a transition to an equitable and sustainable New Energy and Economic Future that limits the temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels
- Provide a Just Transition for communities and workers negatively impacted by the shift to a New Energy and Economic Future that includes targeted economic opportunity and provides stable income, health care, and education
- Demand that every job pays a wage of at least $15 an hour, protects workers, and provides a good standard of living, pathways out of poverty, and a right to organize
- Ensure that in the New Energy and Economic Future, investments are targeted to create pathways for low-income people and people of color to access good jobs and improve the lives of communities of color, indigenous peoples, low-income people, small farmers, women, and workers.
- Make bold investments in the resilience of states, cities, tribes, and communities that are threatened by climate change; including massive investments in infrastructure systems from water, transportation, and solid waste to the electrical grid and safe, green building and increasing energy efficiency that will also create millions of jobs in the public and private sector
- Reinvest in a domestic industrial base that drives towards an equitable and sustainable New Energy and Economic Future, and fight back against the corporate trade-induced global race to the bottom
- Market and policy based mechanisms must protect human rights and critical, native ecosystems and reduce pollution at source