Out next meetup will be at 7pm on Tuesday March 22nd at Techshop's new San Francisco location. ( http://techshop.ws/ts... (http://techshop.ws/tssf.html) )
Speakers signed up so far:
- Michael Prados, lead hardware engineer at Earthmine (http://www.earthmine.com/index), which is mapping entire cities in 3D.
- Tim Thompson - MultiMultiTouchTouch - a platform for musical and graphical instruments.
- Mike Schaiman - Helios Interactive
- Chris DeNovellis - industry / business applications of 3D Vision.
- Ina Centaur - ClayAR -- augmented reality clay that facilitates 3D mesh manipulation
- Andy Zeldis - Topic TBA
How to get there:
TechShop SF is at 926 Howard St in San Francisco. Parking can be found nearby at the 5th and Mission garage, but unless you really need to drive into downtown SF traffic, the best option would be to park at a BART station and then take BART to the Powell St exit. Techshop is two blocks away.
The general structure of the meeting will be identical to the last one -- a series of structured presentations on 3D vision software infrastructure and applications, followed by an open mic and a meet-and-greet period. I'll hopefully be able to announce the final speaker list within a week.
See you then!