What we're about
This is a private Meetup for the core group of people working to help get the 'third place' (3P) project* off the ground. This Meetup includes the following types of events:
• “Home gatherings” – These will be the main events for this Meetup, so please come if you can! These will be a monthly gathering in a member’s home and will include at least some informal socializing time and they may also include more structured/planned/purposeful activities. Every third month, we may set aside an hour to have a quarterly all-hands business meeting. The host (i.e., the person at whose home the gathering is held) will have the option to facilitate the gathering (i.e., decide what we do, even if only informally hangout) or offload that responsibility to Justin or someone else.
• “Hangouts” – All members are welcome to post informal, no-pressure-to-attend social events (e.g., hiking, concert, museum, volunteer activity, road trip, etc.). The purpose of these events is to get our group better connected.
• “3P programs” – All members are welcome to try out 3P-related programming (e.g., there's a slew of various media that could be discussed and tools that could be practiced in this "recommendations" document (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kAN3H1Z5XneyIccE5IM7cvyqRiJpX8zeK29oKQ19cwE/edit?usp=sharing)). We'll mainly use the (forthcoming) pilot Meetup for such events, but there may be cases in which we want to keep a “3P program” confined to 3P builders for whatever reason.
• “3P partners?” – All members are welcome to post events hosted by other groups or organizations that we might want to partner with in some way (e.g., A Place at the Table, Eco Institute, etc.).
• “3P business meetings” – We may also post occasional no-pressure-to-attend business-y meetings (e.g., a workgroup may want to discuss an issue they're grappling with with others from the larger 3P team). We are NOT posting workgroup or Board meetings (those are on our Google Calendar) *unless* there is a specific question/dilemma that we want to invite in others to discuss.
Please add the term “Home gathering”, “Hangout”, “3P program”, “3P partners?”, or “3P business meeting” to the title of the event so others are clear about the purpose of the event!
*What is the 3P project? In a sentence, we're working to address the dire need of pervasive despair/disconnection by bringing together people of all ages and from all walks of life who see the need and want to help do something about it. If you’d like to learn more about the project or inquire about getting involved, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.