What we're about
4-Week Introduction to Nordic Walking presented by The Arthritis Society
Nordic walking is healthy for everyone! That’s why The Arthritis Society is creating a new 4-week exercise program to introduce you to the advantages of Nordic walking. Under the direction of our trainer, Barb Gormley, email@example.com, this is a chance for people to learn how Nordic walking is a safe way to keep your joints mobile and healthy. You don’t have to have arthritis to join the fun or appreciate the calorie burning!
These clinics will let you discover the benefits of Nordic walking:
· Anyone can do it – regardless of age or fitness level
· Nordic walking burns up to 46% more calories than standard walking
· Research shows that it reduces neck, back and shoulder pain
· Less impact on joints
· Full body workout – 90% muscle involvement
· Reduces stress
· Inexpensive and social – invite family and friends to join you in the fresh air!
DATE: Saturday, April 22, 2017—May 27, 2017 (no class on Victoria Day weekend)
TIME: 1:00 PM—1:45 PM
LOCATION: Withrow Park (near Pape Subway station)
Registration Fee (for 4 classes): $35, including free registration ($25 value) for the Walk to Fight Arthritis on June 4th at Woodbine Park.