What we're about
We are a group of old friends who got to know each other from a popular previous group with a similar name that was suddenly closed, and now, many new friends as well! We offer a pleasant low-key way to meet with each other regularly at some of the Portland area's nicest small restaurant and pub venues, as well as the occasional "special event" such as a public music performance or big party at a members house.
Our average age is probably around 55 but we have members in their early 40's and their early 70's. We are active, healthy, and want to have a good time and enjoy each other's company!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A MEMBER WOULD INCLUDE:
* Posting a Current HEADSHOT PHOTO of yourself to your Profile and keeping it current (This is REQUIRED of ALL Members and is not negotiable). Please see details below.
* Being respectful of other attendees and their feelings
* Leaving any personal drama at home
* Paying modest annual dues of $8 (we receive $6.05, meetup takes the rest) to help us cover our costs. You can test-drive for 30 days ONCE. If you are dropped from the group at any time due to non-payment of dues, you must pay before being re-admitted. If you decide not to pay the dues, please remove yourself from the group, otherwise Meetup will move you to Pending status until you pay dues. The Organizers have no control over this process. We will, however, Remove you from the group after 30 days of Pending status for Non Payment of dues.
* And last but certainly not least - not being what those in the law enforcement industry call an "Alpha Hotel" http://www.policemag.com/cop-slang/alpha-hotel.aspx Alpha Hotels will be removed from this group!
Managing your RSVPs: the small venues we favor have limited space - most of our events will be limited to between 15 and 30 or so attendees, and they fill up quickly! So please be sure to remove yourself from the RSVP list if you find that you can't attend. And please do it before the last minute if at all possible, so others have a chance to come instead. Repeated violations of this will result in your being removed from the group.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE APPLYING TO JOIN OUR GROUP:
* All prospective members must (a) post a recognizable clear facial photo of you (not your dog, not your car or motorcycle, not a stock photo or someone else's image from the internet, not a group photo, not a photo taken from 1000 yards away, not a painting or cartoon etc.), (b) use your real first name, and (c) reside in the Portland-Vancouver metro area.
* Please don't re-apply for a trial membership if you've already had a trial membership.
* Please post a little about yourself, for example other meetups you belong to or personal interests.
* You may not use this site to solicit or recruit other members you haven't met in person, including but not limited to "romantic come-ons" or "business opportunities."
* You may not harvest member photos or other personal information for non-group use.
* If you've been removed from another meetup group for cause, or have been the subject of multiple complaints from other members you're unlikely to fit in here.
Thanks in advance for your co-operation - we look forward to seeing you at one of our get-togethers soon!