We will be discussing the stories: “The God-Clown Is Near” by Jay Lake &
“The Steam Man of the Prairie and the Dark Rider Get Down” by Joe R. Lansdale
From the anthology “Steampunk”
Edited by Ann & Jeff Vandermeer.
Costumes not required but encouraged.
Please message us on meetup or Facebook if you have questions.
Here are the questions we will springboard from:
• What is your definition of Steampunk ? Does this book match your definition of steampunk?
• What would you expect to see in a book for it to match that definition?
• Do you have a favorite character? Why are they your favorite?
• Do you have a favorite passage? What makes it your favorite?
• What are your impressions and opinions of the book?
• Did you find this to be a satisfying story? Why or why not?
• Would you recommend this book to others? Why or why not?
You can find the book on Amazon: Steampunk edited by Ann & Jeff Vandermeer.
Please read the book introduction and we’ll discuss “Edisonade v/s Steampunk”. A good example of Edisonade is “Steam Man of the Prairie” on Gutenberg at https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/7506 Please read it if you have time.