To complete our trilogy of singles groups under the 5280 Singles banner, we have added a specialty group for singles to find adventures, travel, concerts, various dancing opportunities, dining out, hiking in new or farther away places, while still giving our members the chance to meet new friends and fellow adventurers locally with singles and social events. The members who join this group should be in a financial position to buy a ticket to a show or concert, pay for traveling with the group or attend local events like wine tastings, food pairings or large parties. There isn't a fee to join, but purchasing a 5280 Singles Membership card will provide significant discounts on lodging on upcoming trips, food and drinks, events and more.
Welcome to Colorado's largest singles organization. Our group's success is with hosting organized low key events as well as professionally run social events. We will host as many as 20 events per month, and at least 5 varieties of events each month. We are a private group that you may become a member for free or increase your involvement and savings with the purchase of a 5280 Singles membership card for only $30. The current card is good through 2020 and allows our members to save $5 on each admission to our popular singles mixers, our BBQ's, large dance parties and special events. It is also recognized around town at many eateries and bars where presenting your card allows you to get your first two drinks for the price of one every time you visit, (one BOGO per visit). There are savings on many other contractors and vendors around town as well. Members can also attend our networking after hours happy hours at no cost to market their businesses for free as well as use their membership card to advertise on our website at no cost. Details of our discounts and events can be found at our website at www.5280singles.org, where you can purchase your membership card today. We ask that you submit a recognizable picture of yourself to be approved for this Meetup group.
Our groups' challenge is to organize the best large and small events for singles and non married couples along the front range. Some of our large events are also open for married couples to attend, such as large dance parties, sporting events, movies and dinners. We know having fun is the best way to make friends, meet other people and build relationships. We are not a dating group. If you are joining this group just to email and hit on other group members whom you have not gotten to know in person, you will be banned from Meetup entirely. We will occasionally host mixers and other events that could help singles meet other singles. If you would like to meet someone nice or someone new in this group, you will need to attend our events. Please do not email or harass our members or you will be reported to Meetup and banned for good. We are targeting people in their 30's, 40's and 50's but welcome every age above 21. We would love for you to join us if you would like to attend any of these events:
Coming in 2020, Distinctively Denver Events, where we go to an iconic venue or sample off of a legendary menu once each month.
Monthly events will usually include:
Distinctively Denver Events
Super Singles Mixer or a Large Dance Party
Happy Hour for ages 40's and 50's
Happy Hour for ages late 20's- early 40's
Free summer outdoor concerts or dancing lessons fall through spring.
Other dinners or happy hours
Free Networking Events
Other Special Events we will be offering as they come include:
Classes for Cooking, Painting or wine tasting.
Art Walks, Botanic Gardens and Museum Visits
We are an event based group so we require every member to attend at least one event each calendar year. We will take attendance at some events and remove any members who have RSVP'd and who do not show up three or more times. It is important for our membership to know that just signing up for this group or sending an RSVP is not the way to have fun and meet others, which is our primary purpose. Additionally if we try to reserve space for a certain amount of people and less than half of them actually show, we can loose our ability to schedule the event or venue again. By requiring attendance to one event each year and promoting the purchase of a membership card by our members, we will have higher turnouts for our events than other groups, allowing for more events and a larger variety of events. We are only letting 1,000 members purchase membership cards each year, so please purchase your 5280 Singles Membership card soon, before we run out. Also make sure you do attend at least one event per year so you can stay in the group.
The advantages of becoming a paid member at 5280 Singles:
1. Revenues allow full time, professional event organizer dedicated to the quality and frequency of events.
2. Members can save up $5-$15 per event with their $30 membership card, an incredible investment. In addition there are numerous discounts and two for one opportunities with the membership card. Our members save on average of over $100 per year.
3. Commitment by us each month to host events in different areas around town.
4. Members have a vested interest in the success of the group.
5. Our members will often tell you they are meeting quality people at fun/quality events.
6. The cost of membership is an average of $1,000/year less than other professional event companies. The cost, (if any), to attend events is also very reasonable, especially with the discount card.
7. The frequency of events brings in a lot of new people year round.
8. It allows us to do some great events that no other groups do, usually at an affordable price.
9. All of our event hosts have experience hosting their events.
10. Instant social life for people who work on their own, new to town or just need to get out.
11. A better and fun way to meet new people and is less expensive than paying for online dating.
12. Paid members can attend free networking events and advertise their business for free on our website.
13. Event venues partner with us to host fun and affordable events.
14. Great way to visit new places, meet new people and try new things.
15. Dedication to protect our members from spammers and harassing emails.
16. We partner with many venues around town to make sure each event can be a great experience for our members as well as our venues.
17. We can continuously strive to add more activities to our group as well as a larger variety of events.
18. Owning a membership card partners you with many local businesses, as most owners are also members of 5280 Singles.
Please visit our website for a condensed calendar of events, to find many discounts our members receive with the membership card and other information and services as well. When this group builds to over 3,000 members, we will start to plan more excursions out of town that can be limited to members of this group or spread out to all three 5280 Singles groups that we operate. To help our group be successful, please attend any of our local events over the next 30 days and be ready to get out out and travel around our beautiful state and beyond.