We're a fun group of young women (age 21 to 40ish) in the 626 area looking to make meaningful friendships with other women who are looking to do the same! We don't care if you're single, married, divorced, have kids or have dogs and cats that you consider your kids! Whether you joined meetup because you just moved to the area from out of town or you've lived here your entire life but never made any real friendships- this could be the group you've been waiting for!
We offer interesting and fun events including brunches, lunches, dinners, happy hours, fun nights out on the town, fitness and workout buddies, girls nights in, game nights, movie nights, beach days, sporting events, hiking trips, volunteer opportunities, fun weekends away and more! From our Home page, scroll down to the bottom to see our list of upcoming events!
• Age is just a number! True, but you must be in the 21-40 age range to join.
• Girls only! Sorry boys, this is a girls-only club. In the interest of some of our members with significant others, there will be times where an event is co-ed but this will always be posted in the description.
• Local ladies only... most events are located in the "626 area" otherwise known as the San Gabriel Valley. You must be willing to make the commute safely.
• So that you stand out in a crowd, please have a real CLEAR photo of yourself as your profile pic so we know who you are (otherwise we'll have to start wearing name tags at restaurants- not cool!). Please do not use photos taken from a far distance or photos of your dog or a flower.
• This is a private group. Non-members browsing meetup can see the date & time of the event and the title of the event such as "A Walk in the Park". However, they cannot see the location or address of the event, and they cannot see the attendees list. In addition, non-members cannot see who is a member of our group. Sidenote: if your meetup profile is set to public, anyone will be able to see the groups you are in.
• We won't ever post random no-host events. All our events are posted by real women like you who want to meet other drama free ladies to form genuine friendships. In this group, we are all about commitment from active and interested members and we are very respectful of any host that submits an event. If you have an idea for an event or you would like to host an event- please contact an admin or RSVP to one of our bi-monthly Organizer meetings.
• No drama!!!!!!!
• No flaking! Your hosts put their time, money and energy into planning fun events for the group. It's one thing to cancel plans with yourself but it's another to cancel on your friend—someone who's counting on you. If you RSVP "Yes" to an event and should something come up we ask that you please change your RSVP to "No" immediately. No shows and repeated flaking out are NOT allowed and will result in removal from the group. Constantly changing your RSVP from "yes" to "no" within 24 hours of an event will result in removal from the group. We keep track of No Shows!
• Most events have a $5 deposit fee in order to be added to the guest list for that event. This fee is always refunded to you after your attendance at the event or if you cancel at least 48-hours prior to the event. It will not be refunded for any reason if you cancel within 48 hours of the event. This is how we protect our Event Hosts from No-Shows. Its easiest to make a deposit using paypal, but if you don't have paypal you can let your Host know and we will figure out another way to make the deposit.
• There is a $5 membership due collected annually. This goes towards Meetup.com's subscription which each group on Meetup must pay for. All new members receive a 60-day free trial before their dues are billed. Dues are not pro-rated and are non-refundable. Dues in excess of the Meetup membership fees go back into the group, used towards future meetups such as prizes at events or our annual holiday party.
• Some events are located at restaurants where the waiter is not allowed to collect more than one credit card for a big party. Please get in the habit of having cash change on you for your portion of the bill in case the restaurant won't split the check.
• In most cases if payment is required for an event and/or to secure your spot to an event, once paid, the payment is non-refundable even if you can no longer make the event. You are responsible for any fees that may be associated with making online payments.
• Use a taxi or ride-share service! Organizers, hosts, and other members are not responsible for your safety- YOU ARE - so please be a responsible adult and drink responsibly.
• By joining this group you agree you will not hold the organizers, hosts, or any other members responsible for any violation of the law or your actions ( DUI, Assault, Sexual Assault, Etc).