addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Karena
karena0217
Norfolk, VA
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to send out an email regarding member dues.  I have been organizing the meetup for almost 5 years and for 4 of those years have been paying to run it.  I decided that it would  be more beneficial to charge very small member dues in order to avoid that.  The current price is $2.00 per year; however, only $1.35 goes towards the meetup after processing.  A few of you paid the inital price of $5.00 so please email me if you would either like to get a refund for the extra amount (kas0217@gmail.com) or if you have a friend in the group you would like that to cover.  I am not sure if I could do it through the site or have to give it to you in person.  The way I set this up two months ago will have almost all members (except the 7 or so that paid) removed on Thursday the 27th.  I don't want that to happen so I am trying to figure out if I can charge before an attended meetup instead (hoping that I can give a trial of 180 days where people can attend to see if they like it and then pay the 2.00 a year before future meetups).  Any money left over will go towards something (party, prizes etc. for the members).  If anybody has questions, please email me at kas0217@gmail.com.  Please don't hit reply on this because I can't seem to change the reply feature and think it will get sent back to everyone.  Thanks so much!!

Karena