addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › New Motion Graphics Panels start this month

New Motion Graphics Panels start this month

Fletch Brendan G.
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
This is just a quick announcement to any of our members in ATXDM who are interested in film, video, animation, special effects, and such. I've mentioned this in a few previous messages, but now we're ready to begin with the second added "Panel" to ATXDM's weekly schedule (the first being the Web panel). Starting Wednesday February 16th, and on the third Wednesday of each month, we'll be having a Motion Graphics Panel at Cafe Express on North Lamar. They have a closed-off meeting room we can use with wi-fi and an HDTV we can plug into, so we can have presentations, demos, tutorials and such.

Our first Motion Graphics Panel, in less than two weeks, will be a presentation from one of our members, Manuel Garcia. More details on that presentation to follow, once I get it added to our official calendar. For the second Motion Graphics Panel in March, I'm planning a "field trip" visit to ChannelAustin, the local cable access station where they have some amazing production facilities.

I'd like to ask, for anyone who's interested in motion graphics, to please plan on attending the first meeting on February 16th if you can, so we can get everyone's ideas, suggestions and requests, and plan out some more of these panels for the future. If you can't make it then, but can still share, please email me ( with your ideas or suggestions before then so I can collect them for the first meetup.

Most especially, if you have something you'd like to present to the group, or an activity you'd like us to do in a panel that you can help plan or run, or if you'd just like to be involved with managing the meetings themselves, please let me know- I can really use the help!

Thanks! That is all.
A former member
Post #: 32
I actually didn't know about this group yet, and I created a Motion Graphics group already. I'm definitely happy to help reinforce the 2nd Wednesday concept. I can offer some occasional special events, as well as some additional meetups, if there is enough interest.

On March 10th, the day before SXSW kicks off, there will be an event featuring a yet-to-be-determined motion graphics artist. I think it will be a really neat event for anyone who is interested in illustration, 3D, motion graphics, film, or the like.

I'm happy to help, so please, let's talk.