addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › February Meetup Epilogue

February Meetup Epilogue

A former member
Post #: 16
Great meetup. We had eight people of the eighteen RSVP's who showed up. Conversations ran long tonight and we didn't break until around 9:30. I actually have a sore throat from talking too much.

Here are some of the links that came up:

Site Grinder
This tool converts PSDs into working websites. As a web developer I'm very skeptical but I am interested in finding out more about it. Given the right circumstances, it might be a useful tool.

Lightbox JS v2.0
Web designers and developers everywhere love Lightbox. It's cross-browser Javascript/CSS that lets you create fantastic photo galleries. Check it out and you'll see what I mean. The best part: your Javascript and CSS are completely separated from the content, allowing you to use valid, well-formed, clean XHTML markup. (Can you tell I'm a fan?)

liveBooks
Flash portfolio websites for photographers.

SmugMug
Host your photographs with this one. (See also: Flickr, DeviantArt)

Revision3 - Pixel Perfect
Online video tutorials for Photoshop. Cool stuff! They also have other podcast series available from the left-hand column.

Edit: I went back and added a brief description for each link.
A former member
Post #: 8
Yes it was another good time, its great to shoot the shit with fellow designers. Here are a few liks that were mentioned.

--Simple Viewer - Free customizable Flash image viewing application
Airtight Interactive

Lightbox (as mentioned by Chat Clussman above) is also a great free Image Viewer. (javascript)

SlideShowPro is a customizable Flash image viewing application but this one costs $20
http://www.slideshowp...­

Learning Video - Photoshop and Flash
There are two videos here... Resampling and saving Images for Flash
Second video is importing Photoshop psd file to Flash.
http://www.creativepr...­

Flash Learning Videos at LearnFlash.com

We also talked about E-Commerce solutions and what the best customizable ones are.
here are some links related to that....
Zen Cart
ModX CMS
WordPress.com
A former member
Post #: 18
We also talked about E-Commerce solutions and what the best customizable ones are.
here are some links related to that....
Zen Cart
ModX CMS
WordPress.com
­
As for the WordPress one: WordPress is a blog utility that has grown into a more fully featured CMS. I love it. It's very easy to template and it's very extensible. It is not an e-commerce solution in-and-of itself but there have been a couple of shopping carts built for it:

WordPress Plugin Database
SemiLogic Shopping cart plugin for WordPress
WP e-Commerce Lite
PayPal Shopping Cart by Blogging Pro

I haven't tried any of these so I can't make any recommendations, however I am curious about them and would like to test some of them out when I have the time.
A former member
Post #: 19
Ooops. The one WordPress cart I left out was the one we looked at last night:

WordPressCart
A former member
Post #: 1
any one interested in trying out a CMS or any other web app .. you can try a bunch of them here and see how you like it... this is how I found the modx cms.

http://opensourcecms....­

also looks like they have the e-commerce software as well, might have to try the zen cart.

Edward