addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › Random Album Cover contest winner

Random Album Cover contest winner

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Well, after our meetup on Wednesday of last week, it totally slipped my mind that I needed to (A) close the poll for the Random Album Cover contest and (B) send an email announcing who the winner was. So here we go.

The winner of the contest with 5 votes was Greg Avilla and LaTrece Moorer, who created the Chowchilla cover for "And Don't Talk Too Much." Second place (with 4 votes) went to Mitch Dunaway, who created the cover for 2009 Manx Grand Prix - They Arrive. (At the time of our meetup, when I checked the poll to determine the winner, we had 21 total votes; a 22nd vote came later since I forgot to close the poll, which is why Drop Dead has 4 votes in the poll as well.)

This was a lot of fun everybody, thanks to all who participated, and we'll definitely do it again (or something like it) sometime in the future. Below is a list of everyone who created an album cover at the contest:

Chowchilla, "And Don't Talk Too Much" - Greg Avilla and LaTrece Moorer
2009 Manx Grand Prix, "They Arrive" - Mitch Dunaway
Drop Dead, "When You're Winning" - Patty DiBenedetto with writers Mary Knickerbocker and Ed Nelson
Randomness, "Prejudice Acquired by Age Eighteen" - guest designer and writer Sam and Ali
Palauni Ma Sun, "You Should Remember and Be Sad" - Larry Getz and Hilary Pittman
Harry Shelvoke, "Humor Renders Life Impossible" - Richard Simons and Johnny Chau
Andrew Watson Myles, "Them Won't Stand Up Either" - Samantha Fagan and Colt Cubillos
Severalls Hospital, "But I Repeat Myself" - Teresa Parks and Geoff O'Meara
Earls Cover, "Interest In Students" - Max Cidon and Aldo Watkins