addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Gamers Guild Message Board The Suggestion Box › New idea for dues

New idea for dues

Ross
user 3742193
Marietta, GA
Post #: 100
That's probably why you have less players and less GMs signing up since charging money to play an RPG in which someone has bought books/dice/miniatures or other stuff tends to put them off. I can play RPGs both online and at the Giga-Bites store without charging money to anyone to attend and have done so in the past.

I'm okay with donating towards some benefit to the group (sound dampening, paying for photocopies if I don't make them myself or the like). If I GM then the rewards thing sounds good too, but I'd like to know exactly what my money goes towards and not to someone's pocket for their personal bank account.

I also play/GM 3.5 and Pathfinder, but my gaming is limited so it would have to likely be on a weekend and alternate with anything I'm currently involved in.

Edward M.
Bigguyinblack
Marietta, GA
Post #: 203
So far other then 1$ for our monthly game last held about 3 months ago no money has been charged, So that isn't the reason we are losing attendance. I trust Mike but I agree people will want a running account of money collected and how it is spent.
Joey
Reecy
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 29
Well, not to add more into this whole thing. But if this is organized, in my opinion we could do it this way...

You want reward DMs for their work and effort.

So I think it is there responsibility to make sure Mike knows what is going on... Collecting and updating all players as to where the money is going.

So if Mike is throwing out information on what group is gathering what amount, it is just a checks and balance so the players know the GM is trustworthy.

So to put it fewer words

GMs collect money.
Money goes to Mike
Everyone gets updates on what their groups has made. It is not hard to know who has their hand in the cookie jar.

But as far as losing interest may be because we are not shaking things up, or bringing enough challenges to the games.

Also there are a lot of requests for more places to play... Maybe we need to start networking more places?
mike
dayminkaynin
Group Organizer
Dallas, GA
Post #: 239
Yes more places is a must at this point. Right now the guild only plays on the northwest side of Atlanta. We need games on the southeast, southwest, and northeast sides. There is also more concern for games in atlants too.

Another group charges 5$ a year and maintains 100 members. We have been charging 1$ per meetup and this seems like the better option to me as it only charges those that really use the meetups. On the other hand the other meetup group, we'll call them group A, charges every one and therefor the only games that happen are those in a meetup and not ones started by threads or discussions which seems lame to me.

My vote is for 1$ meetups as Joey stated.