We are pleased to announce our next HUGUK MeetUp on November 24th 2015, sponsored by Big Data Week Conference. You don't have to be a member of the conference to attend this HUGUK meetup but you may wish to check it out at http://london.bigdataweek.com/join-big-data-week/
We have 3 great presentations lined up for the evening but this lineup may change.
Security Considerations in Hadoop and Big Data
Clayton Doige from WANDisco
The Rise of the Microservices
Alex Bordei from BigStep
From too late to real time – Data Science driving real time decisioning
Kriti Sharma, Head of Big Data and Advanced Analytics, Barclays Africa
Eirini Spyropoulou, Data Scientist, Barclays
Antoine Amend, Data Scientist, Barclays
3 Minster Court
London EC3R 7DD
We will have strict security for this event so you need to give us your full name and bring ID in case you are asked. We will probably not let in people on the Waitlist so please only RSVP to say you are coming if you genuinely can come.
The following information was supplied by Big Data Week about their conference:
Join the one-day conference to:
· Understand what are the real benefits of data in retail business, from Dunnhumby, the retail focused customer science company
· Meet Big Data influencers Ronald van Loon and Charles Cai
· See the companies that know how to monetize big data: Yandex Data Factory, Telefonica Dynamic Insights, Revive Vending's Honest Café, Barclays
· Find out how you can best visualize your data, through the eyes of Visual Analytics Expert Andy Cotgreave from Tableau
· Learn how you can create value from mobile data, by looking at new ways Out of Home advertising can be optimized and sold, just as Telefonica & Exterion did
· Let Shop Direct, 2nd largest retailer in UK and Ireland, take you through their own personal big data journey - from exploring data models to predictive analysis benefits
· Address important aspects around data ethics and privacy with Kenneth Cukier, Data Editor for The Economist
· Learn how to become an efficient Data scientist workshop with The ASI, Stylect and JustGiving.
Also, since it’s a community driven event, one of its main focuses will be to connect data passionate professionals with fellow technologists and industry influencers and offer them the opportunity to talk through ideas, explore new solutions and learn from each other.
You can find more details about the talks and workshop sessions here (http://london.bigdataweek.com/join-big-data-week/).
Remember, using the code HUG_20_off will bring you an extra discount of 20% from the running prices!
See you there!