What we're about
Do you consider yourself an active intellectual seeking fun activities other than happy hours, bars and lounges? Would you like to establish meaningful friendships with other cultured people of color? If you are intellectually curious as well as the type that can be seen bumping hip hop, R&B, rock, etc. one minute and then completely consumed by mentally stimulating podcasts the next...then this is the group for you!
This is a group for people who are between the ages of 30 and 45. And as the name of the group suggests, we will, first and foremost, pursue fun activities that would satisfy our physically active and/or intellectual interests. We will get together for:
• Moderated Intellectual discussions about friendship, dating, marriage, finance, wellness, social and cultural issues and beyond
• Movie and TV watch parties with lively discussions afterwards
• Organized game nights and house parties
• Physical activities (going dancing, yoga, basketball, kick ball, hiking, camping, indoor rock climbing, biking etc.)
• Music listening parties
• Home dinner parties or dining at ethnic restaurants
• Museum outings and cultural events
• Foreign/independent films,
• Concerts, plays and musicals
• Volunteer events
This is a group for people who are thoughtful and considerate with positive energy and attitudes! We come from diverse backgrounds and, hence, have different ideas and opinions. That means respect for differing perspectives is crucial for creating a fun, warm and inviting environment for all.
Please join us if this sounds like something you would like to be a part of. Let’s get to know one another and have a blast! And please remember to treat others as you would like to be treated. :-)
**We strive to create and maintain an open, honest, safe and welcoming environment for all members. As such, we do not take kindly to inappropriate behaviors that include, but not limited to, stalking, harassment, unwanted advances, predatory behavior, inappropriate and/or unwanted touching/body contact, heavy intoxication, driving under the influence, and making offensive/derogatory/rude remarks (whether in person or via messaging). Individuals who engage in such behaviors will be swiftly and decisively removed from the group.