What we're about
This group is operated by Appalachian Mountain Club New York-North Jersey Chapter (7/1/22)
The New York-North Jersey Chapter of AMC was the first chapter formed by the club back in 1912. For over 100 years the NYNJ chapter has been protecting the precious natural resources of our region, providing skills and leadership training, and hosting 100's of outdoor activities every year for the public through our professional and dedicated volunteer trip leaders.
Beginner or expert the AMC NYNJ chapter has something for everyone. With activities that include hiking, biking, paddling, backpacking, skiing, climbing, and more we're sure you will find something you love. And since we know living in and around the NYC area can be difficult without a car, many of our activities are accessible through public transportation.
Beyond just the trips, training, and conservation advocacy we are a group that encourages community and camaraderie among it's members. Open and welcoming to anyone with an interest in the outdoors we hope that the shared knowledge and experiences between all of us will help you to grow within the outdoor community and create connections and friendships for a lifetime.
What sets us apart the other Meetup groups?
• Professionally trained volunteer leaders means our trips are well organized, safe AND fun!
• Easy access on public transportation to many of our activities.
• Activities are open to anyone, no membership dues are required, but your support helps.
• Your support helps us continue to protect more than 100,000 acres of land and 2,000 miles of trails under the care of the Appalachian Mountain Club.
• Beyond our volunteer led activities AMC provides opportunities for tens of thousands of youth to experience the outdoors each year through our Youth Opportunities Program.
While this Meetup Group showcases some of our best activities they don't all make it to this page and often you will only see a small fraction of what is available! If you would like to see the full assortment of upcoming activities offered by the NYNJ chapter please click here.
Also, if you would like to be part of the community and join in the conversation please consider following us on Instagram and Facebook: