Don't miss this presentation from Albert Tsang, co-founder & CTO of StrongLoop, and now Founder & CEO of LunchBadger.
Al is a true thought leader in microservices architecture and API design. In this talk, we'll learn how recent changes in architectural styles have changed the landscape of API Design:
• New challenges emerging from then need to reconcile competing design goals: internal, low-level microservices need isolation & focus, while client-facing APIs need to aggregate meaningful business data and processes.
• Strategies for organizing and partitioning fine-grained microservice APIs across different dimensions
• Optimizing deployment from consumption patterns
• Building APIs for engagement from granular microservices
• Applying CQRS, orchestration, mashup, containerization, and other modern design patterns to solve these problems.
Al is the CEO and Founder at LunchBadger (http://LunchBadger.com). He previously co-founded StrongLoop (http://StrongLoop.com) and as CTO, he led the company to a successful acquisition by IBM in 2015. He is also the creator of LoopBack (http://LoopBack.io), a leading open source Node.js framework for enterprise APIs.
6:30 - 7:00 Informal networking, beer, wine & snacks
7:00 - 7:30 Quick intros & announcements, lightning talks:
• OpenAPI 3.0 - The Good Parts ⚙ Ted Epstein, RepreZen
• Overview of XO's Distributed System Architecture ⚙ Tim Blonski, XO Group
7:30 - 8:15 Guest presentation including Q&A
8:15 - 8:30 Wrap-up, informal mingling & follow-up conversations.