Hi API enthusiasts!
We have decided to organize something for the hands-on experience lovers as a side event for our API Meetup.
In this crash course we will focus on API management and best practices in monitoring, debugging and testing of your API.
We’ll take you through the necessary steps to set up the infrastructure to secure and monitor traffic to your API with an API Gateway implemented using 3scale and Nginx. We’ll share some best practices, tricks and tools you can use to help you test, debug and monitor your API.
You will learn how to:
• Prototype securing an API with an API Gateway and 3scale
• Set up and configure Nginx to act as an API Gateway
• Configure API access policies and monitor usage
• Test, debug and monitor their APIs and setup
• Heroku account highly recommended
• 3scale account (optional, but recommended to be quicker)
• Access to a machine running Ubuntu. Can be a VM, AWS instance, etc. (optional)
Make sure you check out our second event on the same day, May 5 at 19:00 (same venue) about Marketing APIs: Do's and Dont's (http://www.meetup.com/API-Meetup-Barcelona/events/221808517/). This is at the same time the warm-up party for APIDays Mediterranea, which will start the next day.