Sign up for this event over on Eventbrite! http://bayatthack15.eventbrite.com/?aff=mu
Have an app idea or need an app built for your business?
Join us for a special Smart City Mobile App Hackathon, produced by the AT&T Developer Program. Hangout with us as we hack and build apps/mobile apps, get fed, compete for prizes across different categories and most importantly: meet new people and scout for teammates to work on new or current projects. We will have experts from AT&T and the local community onsite to assist with your development.
What is a Smart City?
Smart City discussions are popping up everywhere! They mean the evolution of municipality decision making from reactionary, based on historic data, to proactive based on real-time data. Traffic management, garbage collection, leak detection, lighting, utility management, and even landscaping sprinklers stand to have their operations disrupted by the availability of real-time data. AT&T is a global Internet of Things leader, and enables numerous connected devices. Do you have what it takes to make an impact in this area? Join us at this hackathon on December 4-5 to test and build your ideas for making your city smarter!
You Bring... Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative, team focused mindset and/or team up in advance on Twitter/Facebook/Google+ via the #atthack hashtag. Whether you are a backend person, designer, entrepreneur, student, or just interested in tech; you are invited to attend this event. Every group needs a good balance of talent and your development skills are needed!
We Supply... Quick presentations and code samples that help to bootstrap your hacking, food to keep you going, and caffeine to keep you awake. We will have technical mentors to assist you in building faster, smarter, and with new tools.
Prep for Prizes
• Overview of IBM Bluemix Tools (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g8DeMqi4UA)
• AT&T Enhanced WebRTC Overview, Use Cases and Coding (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcVmRpPHa4I)
Event Schedule. The following is a list of the weekend's agenda:
• 6PM - Kickoff event with dinner, networking and developer dating
• 7PM - Speakers present (see below for list)
• 8PM - Pitch idea and form teams
• 9PM - Smart City Workshop
• Facility will be open ALL NIGHT!
• 10AM - The fun continues with coffee served in the morning! Work with the teams from Day 1 to complete the app spec'd. Mentors will be available throughout the entire day to help you code your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 4PM.
• 11:30AM - Lunch is served
• 4PM - Submit your app!
• 5PM - Dinner is served
• 6PM - Pencils down. Pitches start promptly at 6PM and are limited to three (3) minutes per team. PowerPoint presentations are NOT recommended!
Prizes. The following prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating you towards a successful business as well as expanding your network and industry knowledge:
Best Overall App - $1,500
Best Smart City Themed Solution
• 1st Place - $1,000
• 2nd Place - $750
• 3rd Place - $500
Best Use of IBM Bluemix - $1000
Best Use of AT&T Enhanced WebRTC - $500
Judging Criteria. Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
• 33% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
• 33% Weight - Originality of idea
• 33% Weight - Technically creative and/or challenging implementation
Hackathon Legal. Hackathon terms: http://db.tt/kyPS9ojR
• Follow us, @attdeveloper, for live updates and photos from the event
• "Like" us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ATTDeveloper