Data is the new oil, it has always been critical, but now more than ever when it comes to predicting business decisions of the future. We believe that AWS has some fantastic data services that can help with this, not to mention the scalability. Hence we decided to open up a group dedicated to this space for AWS users.
Must Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/data-showdown-2019-tickets-56393984927
* Dr. Eugene Dubossarsky, Director, Principal Trainer, Presciient
* Mitra Heravizadeh, Head of Strategy & Architecture, AMP
* Kieran Clulow, Data Engineering Director, IAG
* 7 Teams of 2-3 people, presenting their data solution to an audience of 800 people.
* 7 min per presentation + questions
* Panel of judges, scoring each presentation
* At the end of the evening Australia's best data team announced!
Do you want to share your data solution at the event?
Any teams looking to present a data solution at the event please email [masked] with your presentation and solution summary, along with the benefit it will provide to the audience, by the 19th of April 2019. If you'd like to discuss in further detail you can also call Gerhard on[masked].
Rules for Presentation / Judging Criteria
* No Vendor Pitches
* Present a Data Solution which your team have worked on, stating its use case or the business problem it solves.
* Potential topic areas: Big Data, data integration, analytics, ML, AI
* Contestants will be judged on the value that their contribution delivers. It is therefore important that they spell out the relevant KPIs, and compare with benchmarks where appropriate.
* Contestants will be judged on KPI performance, but also on the appropriateness of the KPI, and the context of measurement (such as benchmarks).
* Where sophisticated technology such as AI / Machine Learning are used, contestants are encouraged to explain the need for the sophistication, and the advantage over simpler techniques.
* Contestants will be judged on APPROPRIATE sophistication.
* Finally, contestants will be judged on how engaging they are in their presentation style.
Call for sponsors
* If you'd like to sponsor the Data Showdown please reach out to [masked] or call Stephen on[masked]
* ROI: Full list of registrations for marketing purposes, Banners on Stage, 1 minute stage time to pitch to the audience, logo digital banner and event pages.
This is a sponsor funded event your registration details will be shared with sponsors for marketing purposes.
Also please read our code of conduct: https://meetupmadness.io/code-of-conduct/