addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

AZ Single Adventurers Message Board › Let me introduce myself and my hiking style ...

Let me introduce myself and my hiking style ...

Lisa
user 2929105
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 173
Ji made me an assistant organizer after I offered to take over the group when she said she would not be continuing. I have been hiking in the valley since 2006 and founded and ran the Phoenix 2-hour beginners hiking group for 3 years.

Due to knee issues I don't do hard hikes and like to hike locally for about 2 hours (which is why I started the 2-hour group). My rating system is meant for casual hikers so if you are an avid hiker or in really great shape you will want to assume my hikes are easier than stated. I consider Camelback and Piestewa difficult and rate trails where hikers go up a hill for long stretches (like the Mormon trail at South Mountain) as moderate. So keep that in mind. When I post hikes I will also state if the hike is a combination, like parts are moderate but in general the hike is easy or average.

My hiking style is average pace without stopping but I did run a beginners group and am willing to slow down or stop if members are having trouble keeping up. However, if you have not hiked before and aren't in good shape I suggest you join the Phoenix 2-hour beginners hiking group for a hike to see how you do on the hike. If you need to stop a lot then you may need to work your way up to hiking in any other hiking group. I would rather not run a beginners group again, especially since one already exists.

If you are into hard corp hiking I suggest anything led by Luis. I am not a race to the top hiker and have physical limits to my hiking. For example, hiking down-hill on rock causes me pain so I may take those stretches slower.