Welcome! This meetup dedicated to all professionals involved in Cyber Security for Automated Processes and Control Systems including security for Operating Technology (OT), Industrial Control Systems (ICS), SCADA Systems, Transportation Systems, Building Control Systems (BCS), and even emerging Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) systems. Our purpose is to connect the professionals in the Greater Abu Dhabi area with real interest in or responsibility for the cyber security of these systems.
Once we have enough critical mass of interest in Abu Dhabi, we will gather for purposes of education, information exchange, and discovery of new opportunities and, yes, perhaps a few happy hours! If you are interested in serving on a committee to help shape this meetup experience, please contact the organizers directly.
For Cyber Security Awareness Month we have a very special event - our first symposium! The (CS)2AI team has put together a half day of content from world-recognized expert speakers.
Sign up now to attend the parts you can: https://www.cs2ai.org/meetup-cyber-security-health-care
Few areas of modern technology could be argued to be as clearly linked to the preservation and improvement of human lives as medical devices and health care systems. Ongoing digitization and networking trends have exposed these to the same vulnerabilities long familiar from traditional IT and OT environments. From ransomware shutting down hospitals to hacking embedded pacemakers and insulin pumps, having people’s lives at risk sets the bar all the way up for defenders of health care cyber security.
Please join us for this free event as leaders in clinical medicine, security research, medical device manufacturing and public policy gather to discuss recent developments in health care cyber security.
Join the Discussion of questions including:
1) greatest challenges of securing control systems in health care environments;
2) greatest threats to control systems in HCE;
3) best practices & most effective solutions for securing control systems in HCS
Christian "quaddi" Dameff, Medical Director of Cybersecurity at the University of California San Diego & Co-Founder of CyberMed: Standing Up for Cyber Safety: A Call to Action
TedX-style speakers and panelists:
- Vidya Murthy, Vice President of Operations at MedCrypt: The State of Medical Device Cybersecurity
- David Nathans, Product Security Manager for Siemens Healthcare: - Saving lives on a Zero Trust Network
- Veronica Schmitt, Assistant Professor at Noroff/ Independent Security Researcher at Medtronic/ Partner DFIRLABS: On a Road to Better Medical Device Manufacturing
- Billy Rios, Founder of QED Solutions & WhiteScope: Patient Harm? Analyzing Cyber Security Vulnerabilities for Patient Safety Issues
- Marie Moe,Senior Security Consultant at mnemonic | Associate Professor at NTNU (Norwegian University of Science & Technology): Unpatchable: Living with a Vulnerable Medical Implant
Between the panel session and our bonus technical presentation, we will hold our prize raffle!
Bonus Technical Presenter:
Jay Radcliffe, Director of Product Security Testing and Research at Thermo Fisher Scientific: A Practical View of Medical Device Security
Register for a seat now, come to whatever segments you can: https://www.cs2ai.org/meetup-cyber-security-health-care