What we're about
We are a community of friends and lifelong learners. We get together for self-organized classes, clubs, field trips, hikes, and playdates. Our top values are kindness, good manners, and empathy. As you can tell from our name, we emphasize learning and strive to provide best resources available to help our children achieve academic success.
Check out what we do on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/AcademicHomeschoolers) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1sjA3r7aKUxAmtbNUFBNKA).
ACADEMIC HOMESCHOOLERS MEMBER AGREEMENT
· I agree to be kind, considerate, and exercise good manners. That means I will refrain from gossip, criticism, and expressing strong beliefs and opinions.
· I will be responsible for my children’s behavior. I will make sure that my children are kind and exercise good manners. If my child has negative attitude, poor manners, and/or being disruptive to other children, I will leave the event without being asked.
· I understand that my children’s aggressive speech or behavior will be grounds for immediate dismissal from Academic Homeschoolers.
· I understand that I will be responsible for supervising and helping my participating child during classes, events, and activities. I understand that I’m expected to supervise and correct my children’s behavior at all times. I understand that I am to discipline my child or leave the event, if my child is not paying attention and/or being disruptive.
· I understand that I am not allowed to discipline or criticize other people’s children and will be subject to immediate removal from the group if I fail to comply.
· I understand that I will be responsible for hosting at least 1 event a month.
· I understand that unless I notify the organizer of my objection, the photos and videos of my children taken during Academic Homeschoolers events may be posted on the Academic Homeschoolers website (https://academichomeschoolers.wordpress.com/), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AcademicHomeschoolers/), and/or YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1sjA3r7aKUxAmtbNUFBNKA) channel. I understand that my child's name and biographical information will not be made public.
· I understand that while the meetup group is free to join, the donations to share the cost of meetup dues are welcome.
BY JOINING THIS MEETUP GROUP I AGREE TO THE ACADEMIC HOMESCHOOLERS MEMBER AGREEMENT