PLAYFULLY exploring together how to improve our communication. 89.4% based on the book "Nonviolent Communication - A Language of Life" by Marshall Rosenberg, PhD. We will explore many aspects of communication, including but not limited to practice that leads to the following:
- Improved Self-understanding. Learn to identify and understand your own value-needs and motives.
- Speak uncomfortable truths more effectively. Learn to speak uncomfortable truths in ways that get through and facilitate value-based connections, creating a habit of "authentic and responsible compassionate honesty" that is less likely to trigger a defensive response, is more authentic and efficient, builds trust, and is more sustainable.
- Increased responsibility and power. Learn to rephrase dodging of responsibility [power loss] into claiming of responsibility [power gain]. Example: Using "I choose to" or "I intend to" or "I want to" or "I will" instead of "I have to" or "I should" or "I might".
- Shift can't into can. Learn to rephrase negatives into positives, asking for what you want rather than what you don't want, increasing clarity and increasing probability of success.
- Focused empowered listening. Getting to the root by learning to identify and understand the value-needs of others. This practice leads to a virtuous circle of increased responsibility, power, and empathy.
Donations optional. I pay in money and time to maintain this group. I enjoy participating and spreading empathy. It meets my needs for contribution, growth, meaning, and purpose. I never *expect* anyone to contribute. So I do appreciate when people buy me stuff to eat or slip me cash. Thanks. It helps.