What we're about
Do you like Scrabble? So do we! We're a non-profit, volunteer group who get together to play Scrabble.
- Scrabble is a great way to keep your mind healthy, and meet new people.
- Playing Scrabble is a good mix of activity and socialising.
- We are a friendly and welcoming group. Our events are held at safe, comfortable, public restaurants and hotels. Masks are not required.
- We have players of all ages, but 40's to 60's are the majority.
- Players are about ⅔ women, ⅓ men.
- We do our best to provide an enjoyable evening for new attendees, and our groups have a high return rate.
- There is no cost of any kind, and you don't need to do or bring anything. We provide all equipment.
- Important: You do not need to be good at Scrabble to join in. We have other new players for you to play against. You won't be playing experts (unless you want to.) You will get better at Scrabble quickly, and soon be beating all your friends and family. :)
- This is casual, social Scrabble, not a tournament. There are no fancy rules, time limits, or procedures. It's just the same Scrabble rules that are written on the box. (If you decide you want to take Scrabble more seriously at some point, there are many ways you can do that.)
- Scrabble uses Collins Dictionary, so if it's in there, it's allowed. This means there are no arguments. (We provide this dictionary.)
- Stay for as long as you like. You're very welcome to come late, but you might have a bit of a wait, until someone finishes. We do suggest turning up slightly early for your first visit.
- There is no commitment. Try it out one evening, and see if you like it. If you do, come and play whenever you like.
- You do not have to be a member of Meetup, though it is useful. Feel free to just turn up.
- Having dinner or a drink at the venue is very much appreciated, as they're letting us use their space.
- Message Daniel if you have any questions. Hope to see you soon!
See https://scrabblesa.com/ for clubs in other parts of Adelaide. (These clubs are all during the day, on weekdays.) Contact us if you'd like help setting up your own Scrabble club.