What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Join Team "Adventure Emarat" and "Climb Your Mountain" for this wonderful social cause and donate directly to charity under the auspices of the Jalila foundation.
You all are encouraged to donate directly to Al Jalila Foundation by clicking the link http://yallagive.com/en/campaign/PINKtober-Hike-2021-40204 as per your will and capacity, and support the social cause
However, few important points first:
1. All AE events are restricted to members who have taken the COVID vaccination. Please do not sign up, if you are yet take the vaccination.
2. We will have separate convoys of less than 10 hikers each to ensure social distancing. All other COVID-19 guidelines and requirements are to be followed at all times before, during the Hike and there after.
3. Only those members can participate who have completed the AE's one-time membership documentation. Please see details at the bottom of this page.
LEVEL: Grade: Family.
SUITABLE FOR: all hikers, Children above 5y welcome to join, provided remain with their parent at all times during the hike. Please send names & age of your participating children whatsapp[masked] or[masked].
ACCESS: all types of cars can reach the start point of the hike.
PLAN: Reach hike start and meeting point as indicated in the event details and Hike up the trail for about 3-4 hours.
MEETING POINT: TBD, Some 90 minutes away from Dubai. The time and location indicated herein are indicative only. Exact time and map pointer shall be given to the confirmed participants a day before the event.
WHAT TO BRING - For Hike :
- Sturdy sports/sand shoes, preferably, Hiking boots with ankle protection highly recommended due to the rugged terrain;
- Full Sleeved Shirt/Top, Full/long Pants/Trousers, preferably bright colours
- A backpack with shoulder and waist straps; preferably with rain cover - rain cover or poncho for yourself, just in case;
- High reflective jacket (recommended);
- Cap / hat / scarf;
- Whistle; - Hiking pole;
- At least 3 (three) liters of water in addition to other hydration liquids e.g. Laban, Lemon juice, Pocari / IsoStar or equivalent for the hike
- Electrolyte Powder Packets or Energy supplements e.g. GU, Magnesium/ Potassium sachets
- Fruits (Apples, oranges, and bananas);
- energy nuts
- wet wipes, soap/hand sanitizer, - sunscreen, pocket knife, face mask
ACCESS: All types of cars can reach the start point of the hike.
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: All members are requested to refer to the following documents available at AE Google Drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wo9FmkIT-ycW5vIsaX-szcZZgxRS_8Ms?usp=sharing :
1. AE - Tips for Trekking and Hiking V[masked].pdf; and
2. AE - Disclaimer and Terms V[masked].pdf;
All registering for the event should complete the following (formats available at the above referred google drive) and forward the same along with a copy of your valid passport or Emirates ID to “[masked]”, unless already done:
a. AE - Member Declaration and Indemnity v[masked].pdf;
b. AE - Member Key Info form v[masked].xlsx - please send the excel sheet itself without converting it to pdf or any other format These forms are one-time membership requirement and are required in respect of every participant attending any AE event. You don't need to resubmit these, unless an update is required.
DISCLAIMER: Standard AE disclaimer and terms of membership apply Please remember that all adventure sports. Neither Adventure Emarat nor any of its event leaders/members take any responsibility or indemnify the participants against any injury, loss or damage suffered by any participant during the event. Therefore, please assess the fitness & capability of yourself, your team & your vehicle before you join any AE event.
Please understand and remember that YOU are the best person to safeguard your well being and safety. Hence YOU have to take full responsibility for the same.
***** All AE events are FREE, unless stated otherwise *****