addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Antonio Adventurers Message Board › Bonfire & Chili Cookoff on Saturday

Bonfire & Chili Cookoff on Saturday

Adventure Club S.
user 3908277
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Hey Everyone, ready for some chili and a big fire?!! Things are looking good for Saturday. The rain situation looks better now, and the forecast just says morning showers. Overnight it is supposed to be clear with 0% chance of rain. High of 60 and overnight low of 39. The soil there has a little sand in it, so even if it's wet from the Friday and Saturday morning rain it shouldn't be very muddy.

For those of you entering the chili cookoff, the judging will be around 5:30 PM. The only rule is you must cook everything onsite. We will have community kitchen gear set up including several burners and some pots and pans, but it's first-come, first-served on that stuff. You should come prepared just in case. The two categories are With Beans and Without Beans.

The amount of chili that will be available for tasting will be a factor of how many are cooking compared to how many are spectators. We will also have a BBQ pit going, so you are also welcome to bring whatever you'd like to throw on it. I'll also have plenty of hot chocolate. We'll have paper plates & bowls, utensils, etc. I'll also have a keg of Alamo Ale, it's BYOB on anything else.

Bring a lawn chair. And of course, bring some wood if you can! I don't mean buy a bundle at HEB for $5, because it will just be a drop in the bucket. But, if you have access to some free wood somewhere, bring it! I don't have a record amount of wood for one of my fires, but it will still be a big one. Most of the wood is nice thick stuff, and almost all of it is good and dry so it should be a good blaze.

The campground fee is $5, please remember to pay. They are very generous with us to let us do this, don't stiff them. If you camp overnight there is no extra charge.

If you need to reach me, my cell phone is 210-872-9949. See you Saturday! Dirk

Take US 281 North about 20 miles or so until you cross the Guadalupe River. Guadalupe Canoe & Camping will be 1/4 mile past the river (North) on the LEFT. It is NOT at the bridge, look for their sign at the 2nd highway crossover after the bridge. The driveway is right next to a yellow Toyo Tire building. 8545 US Hwy 281 N., Spring Branch