addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Members Against Meetup's New View Message Board › Any ideas on how to save this group of so many kind and wonderful organizers

Any ideas on how to save this group of so many kind and wonderful organizers and how to generate more interest?

Atul
user.9032885
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1,513
Any ideas on how to save this group of so many kind and wonderful organizers and how to generate more interest? Maybe change the focus a little bit?

Our group stats don't look so good! )-:

http://www.meetup.com...­
Peter
user 5618101
Group Organizer
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 42
Hm, I see that it's been a whole 6 months since the last time anybody joined this group.

I guess we've all just admitted defeat.

I was looking back at the comments on "Check out your Meetup Group's New view!"
http://meetupblog.mee...­
It's kind of surprising that MUHQ hasn't removed it, given that the overwhelming preponderance of feedback posted there is negative.

If Scott Heifernan and MUHQ are actually right that the New View was a good idea, then it makes a very interesting business case study: Company announces a change in its product, 95% of the customers who have anything to say about the change say they hate it, ... and yet it ends up being the right thing for the company to do.

The last time MUHQ staff were in town, I did try discreetly to bring up complaints about the New View -- and all the organizers I talked with agreed with me, except those who worked at MUHQ -- but that was way back in May.
http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 398
I guess we've all just admitted defeat.

I'm not sure if I would go as far and say we've admitted defeat. There is nothing about the "system" that says that businesses must be fair to their customers. Fortunately for us, free enterprise allows us to take our business elsewhere if we are not satisfied. We were only allowed to be victorious if the company changes the way they do business, OR if we could get representation in a court of law.

To me, the true winners here are the former customers who chose to leave Meetup.com altogether or moved their community to another provider. If everyone who was upset left, that would have represented a nice chunk of lost revenue and users.

However, I wanted to be clear that the issue from the beginning was not really around the New View or the features that the New View provided, it is our expectation that Meetup.com continues to enhance the product and provide more features for us. The issue was around how Meetup.com failed to involve customers in the development of the product roadmap, by implementing a change which failed to listen to the input from customers, and by not giving customers a choice and say as to what changes they want and when.

Meetup.com is still failing at this today, and if I were a betting man, I would wager on the New View Transition being the first of MANY big mistakes, that is unless Meetup.com starts to realize that customers MUST be included in their business.

The true case study here is not about the satisfaction of the customers regarding the New View, but about how companies which provide hosted applications and services NEED to include customers in the decisions which involve changes to the product, no matter how big or small. This will ultimately reduce the impact(s) experienced by all customers and allow customers to feel included and excited about change. Which in turn, will lead to higher customer satisfaction and retention! WIN-WIN.

In this world, lucrative products and ideas aren't lucrative for very long. The competition in this growing market is fierce and it won't be long before Meetup.com announces that they have been purchased by the competition or are filing for bankrupcy because they are unable to milk any more money out of their investors. Again, if I were a betting man..

Oryx