• 19:00 - Agile Connect Introduction
• 19:10 - "Scrum in agencies: where's the PO?" by João Craveiro (Product Manager @ Onfido)
Implementing Scrum in a self-contained organisation (such as a product company) derives directly from the framework. Yet some aspects are open to interpretation for Scrum teams in an agency providing software development services to clients. How do you apply “Customer collaboration over contract negotiation” when the underlying “organisation” exists precisely because of a contract? In this talk, I’ll share the view I’ve been developing since having worked at both an agency and a product company: depending on the context, different Scrum team setups work better than others—and in some contexts the best option is ditching Scrum.
• 19:45 - Break
• 20:00 - "Fostering a learning culture using Personal Kanban" by Sameer Bendre (Engagement Manager @ Outsystems and Agile Software Delivery Consultant)
Learning is not just for the academically inclined. However, as adults, we seem to have forgotten what it means to learn, to acquire a new skill and to reflect on that learning. The conflicting priorities competing for attention in our personal and professional lives, often times lead to stressed individuals. With this mental overload, a system that can focus on customer delight seems far-fetched. In our experience, by sharing a few (not-so-common) workplace tools, we have seen individuals, teams and even organizations enabled to create space for reflection and learning. We stumbled through our journey while using these tools, but like a contagious smile, when we shared these practices with others, we could see a positive difference in their lives.
• Get introduced to Personal Kanban (PK) and its principles
• Be able to discuss learning models
• Get to know the relationship between PK and Learning
• Find out how utilizing this relationship leads to continuous improvement for individuals, teams, and organizations
• 21:00 - Finish