We believe that Agile practices are better learnt by practice. Ever wonder how others do their Story Map? How many styles there could be to write a user story? To prioritize a backlog? This meetup is a space where Agile practioners like you come to practice together in order to share their skills and learn from each other, aka a dojo
If you have experience in Agile, come share it by proposing some exercices we can practice together. If you are a beginner on agile practices, feel free to ask for exercices on a topic.
This meetup will happen a regular, fixed monthly cadence. Subscribe and stay tuned for the first session announcement, and once again, get in touch with the organisers to propose topics you would like to practice
The purpose of the dojo it to learn from each other by practicing together: difference and similarities in our practice, styles, approach.
The theme for this first dojo session: how we break down and write backlog item in our teams.
As a proposed exercise, we will work together on a case to go from epic (big chunks) down to user stories ready to develop.
A quick recap of the dojo charter :
- it’s a place and time focussed on practice
- we favour transmission of knowledge by practicing together (companionship) instead of being taught
- the dojo belongs to attenders. Act like it’s yours, make it interesting, bring ideas, raise your thoughts, convey people to join
- not confidential: what is said and seen can be shared outside
- diversity of practitioners improves the learning: brings your teammate, your colleague, your client, experts _and_ beginners
We're still closing in on a location but it will be in the wide central area