addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Alamo City R Users Group Message Board › Employment opportunity.

Employment opportunity.

Alex B.
Alex_Bokov
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 7
Hello. I know of a position for a computer programmer, in the biomedical informatics field. I'm not yet sure how many specifics I'm allowed to announce outside formal channels, but the position is full-time, at a large university, and involves mining large amounts of medical records for purposes of statistical research. The main qualification is being a solid programmer in at least one language (doesn't matter which one) and the willingness to learn additional languages on the fly.

The following qualities would weigh in your favor (and should give you an idea of what you're in for) but are *not* requirements: examples of previous work (hobby projects definitely count), experience with some flavor of SQL, Linux as your main OS, Java, Python, experience with some type of build tool (make/ant/Maven/aap/etc.), R, JBoss, Eclipse, a Stackoverflow profile, a Github or Gitorious profile, previous experience in healthcare IT.

If you'd rather write code than spout buzzwords at a job interview, you're probably the kind of person they're looking for.

For more information, please contact alex.bokov@gmail.com