PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE SECTION BEFORE JOINING THIS GROUP. Our events are focused on ages 45+. Our vision is to bring together Long Islanders, with the purpose of socializing and making new friends with similar interests. Everyone is welcome!
The focus of our activities will be on socializing with new and existing friends. We hope to do different things, which MAY include dining, a show, bowling, hiking, a picnic, or just getting together. Most of the events will be in Suffolk, or a Nassau-Suffolk central location (and now also some ONLINE events). We welcome active members to come up with an idea, or to host an event. Just contact one of the organizers.
Joining this group means:
- Dues are charged on an annual basis (currently $4). You will have a trial period to join us before Meetup requests your payment. If you need more time, please contact organizers for an extension.
- You have a CLEAR current photo of yourself on your profile.
- Photographs taken at our events must be consented and are NOT to be posted on SOCIAL MEDIA without the person's knowledge. Additionally, if you do not want your picture on the Meetup site or any social media, please do NOT participate in any picture taking during the event.
- Please SIGN UP for an event, rather than crash it. It helps both parties if there are changes.
- Please update your RSVP and/or post on the event page if you can no longer attend an event.
- NO SHOWS may result in IMMEDIATE removal from the group. Consistent last-minute back-outs may also result in removal from the group, or having your RSVP changed when there is a limit.
- If you participate at an event, please be respectful of the venue and make a purchase.
- You are an adult, and are responsible for your own welfare and actions.
If making the decision to join...we look forward to meeting you!
If you no longer agree with the contents, please feel free to remove your membership. Thank you.