What we're about
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE SECTION BEFORE JOINING THIS GROUP. YOU MUST HAVE A CLEAR PHOTO OF ONLY YOURSELF BEFORE JOINING.
You can be any age to join, but our events are focused on ages 45+. Our vision is to bring together Long Islanders, with the purpose of socializing and making new friends with similar interests. Everyone is welcome, single or married!
Most of the events are in Western Suffolk, or a Nassau-Suffolk central location and include ONLINE events during winter. We welcome Active Members to come up with an event near them, or host an event.
BY JOINING YOU AGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Dues are charged on an annual basis (currently $5). If you are "Organizer" of your own group, you will be exempt from dues. Just send your group name when requesting to join.
- PHOTOGRAPHS/VIDEOS taken at any of our meetup events must be consented. Kindly ask before taking pictures and posting on social media.
- Please SIGN UP for an event rather than crash it, and, if something comes up, kindly contact the host before the event.
- LAST-MINUTE CANCELLATIONS (LMC) - when necessary, please cancel earlier than 4 hours prior to the event to avoid LMC. You will have to attend 2-3 events to remove LMC from your name.
- NO SHOWS (NS) - You may be removed from the group if you do not show up to an event. When cannot attend, please post on the event page or contact host to avoid NS. You will have to attend 5-7 events to remove NS from your name.
- If you have NS or LMC, you may be excluded from certain events in the future.
- Last-minute Emergencies - in the case of a last minute emergency (lms), kindly contact the host within 24 hours of the event if you could not change your RSVP.
If making the decision to join...we look forward to meeting you!
If you no longer agree with the contents, please feel free to remove your membership. Thank you.
Upcoming events (4+)
Past events (386)
This content is available only to members