In this Amsterdam Data Science Deep Dive session we will highlight cutting-edge research with a focus on Machine Learning with speakers from academia and industry. There will be an opportunity for audience participation and interaction to discuss the key challenges within this domain.
Date: Friday 13 January 2017
Location: Room C0.05, Science Park 904 (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Science+Park+904,+1098+XH+Amsterdam,+Netherlandsfirstname.lastname@example.org,4.9531708,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47c60944f3f79169:0x2ea457d2a7bb2226!8m2!3d52.3544534!4d4.9553595)
09:30: Welcome and Introduction
Max Welling, Research Chair in Machine Learning, UvA (https://staff.fnwi.uva.nl/m.welling/)
Speaker 1: Rianne van den Berg, Postdoc in Machine Learning, UvA (http://amlab.science.uva.nl/people/) on Deep Graph Convolutional Recommenders
Speaker 2: Maarten de Rijke, Professor of Information Processing and Internet, UvA (https://staff.fnwi.uva.nl/m.derijke/)on Deep Entity Search
Speaker 3: Ralf Herbrich, Director of Machine Learning Science Amazon (http://herbrich.me/wp/) on Machine Learning @ Amazon
10:30: Discussion & Wrap-up
Coffee & Snacks
Amsterdam Data Science accelerates data science research by connecting, sharing and showcasing world-class technology, expertise and talent from Amsterdam on a regional, national and international level. Our research enables business and society to better gather, store, analyse and present data in order to gain valuable insights and make informed decisions.
ADS is an initiative of:
• Informatics Institute (IvI), Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA)
• Amsterdam Business School and Amsterdam School of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, UvA
• Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit (VU) Amsterdam
• Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS/HvA)
• Centrum Wiskunde en Informatica (CWI)
We organise meetings and seminars on cutting-edge research, technologies and best practices. These can be our:
- Coffee and Data events which have a broader scope with industry involvement, or
- Deep Dive sessions, which are more research focussed.
We invite you to:
• share the data challenges in your organisation with the ADS community
• discover innovative ways to apply data science across fields
• network and discuss leading issues with students and top data scientists.
Please note all our Meet-up events are open to all to attend, just register on our Meet-up page and RSVP to the specific event you would like to attend.