Hello, I'm Pam - welcome to Andover Cool Chicks Over Forty! We are a group of fabulous, positive, life-loving ladies over 40 (or getting close to 40) who love getting together and exploring new as well as old favorite venues in the Andover area and beyond. Some of the fun activities we typically attend including checking out new restaurants, outdoor events, day trips, cocktails, fairs, wine tastings, self development, and more. I look forward to have you join us!
Just a few "housekeeping" items and rules you need to aware of when you join this group...
1. NO SHOW POLICY: I remove members when they've been a no-show twice. This is necessary so that we are not all kept waiting and wondering if someone is going to show up and so that any members on a wait list for an event have an equal chance. So please be very mindful when you RSVP for an event and update your reservation if you can't make it. You wouldn't stand a friend up so please don't stand a potential new one up. Thank you!
2. Please show up for events on time! If you're running late, you can leave a comment on the comment section of the event's page but again...we all prefer if you can plan and be on time so no one is kept waiting.
3. I often get asked by members if they can host and post their own event. The answer is yes, of course you can! You just need to contact me so I can assign a Meetup role to you (usually assistant organizer) which will give you permission to fill in the details of an event and post it.
4. Please RSVP for an event or cancel your space yourself. Leaving a comment on the page saying you want to go when you haven't actually RSVPd will NOT secure your spot. The meetup site is pretty easy to figure out and use, but there are some people out there who are new to the internet. To RSVP for an event all you have to do is look on the right-hand side and click on "yes, I am going" to RSVP.
5. I do allow guests for events where space can be unlimited and not a problem. However, for meal reservations and other events that have limited space I keep the event to members only.
6. Is there a fee?
I don't charge a membership fee, but if you feel like contributing a few dollars to help cover the cost of my Meetup organizer fees, it is greatly appreciated. The WePay system that Meetup uses takes a fee out of every donation, so you can also give me cash in person at an event.
7. Be prepared to have fun!
That's it...if anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to send me a message via Meetup.