addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Android - Alameda Message Board › Meetup details changed: Let's just talk: beginner android stuff, HDMI, rooti

Meetup details changed: Let's just talk: beginner android stuff, HDMI, rooting an Evo, & Peter-Paul Koch

Stephan B.
StephanBranczyk
Group Organizer
Alameda, CA
Guys,

I didn't prepare anything for tonight­, but here are a couple of unrelated topics I thought we could talk about...

• If you're a beginner who needs help installing/troubleshooting your Android SDK/Eclipse, I'll have the time to help you tonight (Or if you got stuck on some Android tutorial someplace, we can take a look at it as a group, and try to help you get unstuck).
  • Rooting a phone. I don't have any experience with that. Hopefully, someone can describe that process to me tonight. I'd like to be able to make the full use of my Micro-HDMI port (and corresponding cable) on my HTC Evo (I know I can already display slideshows and some videos through HDMI, but after seeing the unfettered default HDMI functionality of the Motorola Xoom tablet, I'd really like to be able to get rid of Sprint's HDMI locking functionality so I can make full use of the HDMI functionality for Android application demos/presentations).
  • Also, last night I was fortunate enough to attend the talk on "The Future of the Mobile Web" given by Peter-Paul Koch, the author of quirksmode.org­, (thanks to the special sponsorship of Pay Pal, he was flown in from Europe to give his talk), and I wanted to try to discuss the couple of nuggets of insights I got from him (sadly, his presentation isn't online yet, and won't be online for a few months, until he's made his presentation a couple of times at other locations)

- Stephan

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Alameda-Library-Android-Classes/events/17038913/­

When: Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:00 PM

Where: Alameda Free Library
1550 Oak St
Alameda, CA 94501

RSVP limit: 40 "Yes" RSVPs

This Meetup repeats every week on Thursday.

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through the Contact Us link on Meetup.