Join us for the first AngularJS Toronto meetup of 2015! Mozilla (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contact/spaces/) will host us and Cetaris (http://www.cetaris.com/) & rangle.io will provide beer and pizza.
First Talk: Promise Based Architecture - Yuri Takhteyev CTO of rangle.io (@qaramazov (https://twitter.com/qaramazov))
Yuri is a former faculty member at the University of Toronto, and a published author, whose interests span software architecture and global software development culture. He is an expert in front-end and test-driven development, server-side development, UX and design. Yuri holds a Ph.D. in Information Management and Systems from from the University of California, Berkeley.
Second Talk: Using Hexo and Angular to Build a Static Site - Matias Niemelä of the AngularJS Core Team at Google (@yearofmoo) (https://twitter.com/yearofmoo)
Static-site blogs are a powerful alternative compared to blogs that are served with a server-side solution such as Wordpress or Squarespace. Hexo is a powerful static-site generator that is built using NodeJS that is a great choice for building your next blog. But what about the website itself? Since Hexo creates a static-site website, we can't rely on the backend to dynamically create portions of our website. What about Angular? Angular may not be the first choice as a framework for a regular website, but it is possible.
Let's explore how we can best combine the power of a static-site blog with Angular using Hexo. Let's have a look at how we can keep our HTML code intact, use powerful animations and dynamic templating. Let's explore what we can do to improve user experience and make our newly created blogging website work just as powerfully as a complex web application.
Matias Niemelä has been building web applications for close to ten years across the full spectrum of front-end, backend, server ops, design, UX, content and database design. He has worked primarily for Google on the AngularJS project (https://angularjs.org/). Matias writes regularly at yearofmoo.com (http://www.yearofmoo.com/) where he posts in-depth articles on AngularJS and more.
• Follow our twitter account @ngToronto to hear about a contest to win an FITC Toronto ticket (https://twitter.com/NGToronto)! Details will be revealed closer to our meetup. Get specially priced tickets for FITC Toronto with your promo code: ANGJSTO! (http://fitc.ca/event/to15/)
• Check out a free webinar (http://go.rangle.io/webinar-how-to-modernize-your-technology-and-not-go-out-of-business) on modernizing your technology with AngularJS.
• RSVP for the upcoming Agile Experience Designers meetup, on Feb. 2nd. (http://www.meetup.com/Agile-Experience-Design-Toronto/events/219808582/)
• Some more videos from past meetups are available: AngularJS for Enterprise Software (Oct. 2014) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapBAO2_fXc) and Future-Proofing Your AngularJS Applications (Dec. 2014) (http://rangle.io/resources/FutureProofAngularJS.html).
• rangle.io is hiring! (http://rangle.io/careers.html)
... And here are some AngularJS resources we thought you'd appreciate:
• Two ways to build a location picker for a mobile AngularJS application (http://rangle.io/blog/two-ways-to-build-a-location-picker-for-a-mobile-angularjs-application/)
• How We Created Brained.io, an Educational 3D Experience (http://rangle.io/blog/brained-io-app-an-interactive-educational-3d-experience/)
See you on the 28th!