For our April AZSSUG event, we are honored to have Ginger Grant give a talk on using Microsoft Azure ML, a cloud-based machine learning platform to enable companies to build applications to predict, forecast and impact future outcomes.
Azure Machine Learning is Microsoft’s big entry in to the predictive analytics arena. Instead of staring into crystal balls, Machine Learning analyzes the data to determine if past performance is indicative of the future. In this introductory session we will discuss the growing new field of data predictive analytics and how Machine Learning is used to analyze cloud data.
Ginger Grant - Ginger has worked with the Microsoft BI stack for many years for a number of different industries including transportation, education, insurance and healthcare, and along the way became certified as an MCTS in SQL Server 2008 and MSCA for SQL Server 2012. As a Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant for Pragmatic Works, she enjoys applying current technology to provide data solutions for clients. When not working she can be found speaking at number of events including SQL Saturdays, users groups, code camps and webinars, which led to being a finalist in the 2014 Red Gate Tribal Awards for New Community Voice.
She regularly blogs at DesertIsleSQL.com (http://www.desertislesql.com/) and tweets @desertislesql (https://twitter.com/desertislesql).
• 4:30-4:45pm: Sign-in & network (pizza & drinks sponsored by Neudesic)
• 4:45-5:00pm: Announcements & Speaker introduction
• 5:00-6:00pm: Presentation by Ginger Grant
• 6:00-6:15pm: Q&A & wrap-up
Food and drinks for this event sponsored by Neudesic (http://www.neudesic.com/).
- Garage parking is $1.50 per 30 minutes or $12 for 4 hours or more. They accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. They do not accept American Express.
- There are parking meters in front of the building. The cost is 25¢ per 10 minutes, and may be paid in increments of 80 minutes at a time.
- There are light rail and bus stops at S Mill Ave and 3rd Street. After arriving at the stop, walk north on S Mill Ave for two short blocks. Microsoft is on the NE corner of S Mill Ave and E Rio Salado Pkwy in the Hayden Ferry Lakeside building. For further information and direction, please visit http://www.valleymetro.org
- We are approximately a ¼ mile walk from Tempe Beach Park, where there is limited FREE parking (parking lot is near the intersection of W Rio Salado Pkwy & S Ash Ave - 256 W Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281).
- Alternate FREE parking location when Tempe Beach Parking Lot is closed for special events is parking at Tempe Center for the Arts (700 W Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281).