Abstract: Joe will be highlighting key Features of SQL Server 2016 and Azure SQL DB, why it has become the RDMS platform of choice for Operation Analytics and Hybrid Solutions for your OLTP and Real-Time Analytics using Column Store and In-Memory technoligies. As one of the most anticipated features Query Store and Live Query Stats, Joe will demo why and what to focus on when fixing those slow running queries over a period of time, and steps you can take to minimize these problems from happening again.
Joseph Barth is a Senior Consultant at Neudesic, as a part of the Data and Analytics platform he specializes in everything SQL Server. Joe is a 9-year veteran in SQL Server, jobs ranging from DBA to Developer. Focus has been a lot of back end development, ETL using SSIS in many different environments. Joe has switched focus on systems from OLTP to Data Warehousing the last 4 years.
• 4:30-4:45pm: Sign-in & network
• 4:45-5:00pm: Announcements & Intro
• 5:00-6:00pm: Presentation
• 6:00-6:15pm Q&A, wrap-up, clean-up
Sponsor: AZSSUG - Arizona SQL Server User Group!
- Garage parking is $1.50 per 30 minutes or $12 for 4 hours or more. They accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. They do not accept American Express.
- There are parking meters in front of the building. The cost is 25¢ per 10 minutes, and may be paid in increments of 80 minutes at a time.
- There are light rail and bus stops at S Mill Ave and 3rd Street. After arriving at the stop, walk north on S Mill Ave for two short blocks. Microsoft is on the NE corner of S Mill Ave and E Rio Salado Pkwy in the Hayden Ferry Lakeside building. For further information and direction, please visit http://www.valleymetro.org
- We are approximately a ¼ mile walk from Tempe Beach Park (http://bit.ly/2fmJwhx), where there is limited FREE parking (parking lot is at 250 W Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe, AZ 85281).
- Alternate FREE parking location when Tempe Beach Parking Lot is closed for special events is parking at Tempe Center for the Arts (http://bit.ly/2eESlmQ) (700 W Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281).