What we're about
Do you miss the seemingly random and varied projects of art/design school? Miss being surrounded by fellow hungry artists working to add to their portfolio using current trends in design? Well so do I! Here's a group for anyone who wants to meet up either weekly or biweekly to:
• be inspired and discuss tools and trends
• new design challenges to complete each week (*loose deadlines, we are busy artists after all!)
• make new friends in the area
• get critiques and feedback on their work
• grow your professional portfolio
• learn new tools or maybe even teach someone else in the group what you know
• accountability for completing new projects to keep you on track
• a no stress and social environment of fellow creatives
This group is aimed to expand out of our comfort zone, maybe even into new digital tools, and learn tips and tricks from each other.
This group is for WOMEN because women only make up between 5-10% of all creative directors in the industry and we need to support each other to break that cycle.
**You DON'T need to be a college graduate, and all levels of graphic designers are welcome to join. This is also a great networking opportunity. I'm starting this group because I have a TON of projects that I want to work on, but I also want the accountability of other group members to keep me onboard. I also want to see what others are doing and learn and grow from that as well.
The focus of this group is mainly digital work HOWEVER if we want to dive into other types of projects such as photography, painting, video, artwork, I'm open to it! I believe designers should be well rounded on all fronts and integrate their media.