What we’re about
Welcome to the revamped Montreal AI Governance, Ethics and Safety group!
We talk about:
• What are the impacts of AI that need to be addressed?
• How should researchers, companies, governments and international institutions address these risks?
• What laws or regulations might be effective?
• How to coordinate governance efforts globally?
• Ensuring the benefits of AI are democratically available
• Preventing weaponization and/or malicious use of AI
• Quantification and correction of bias in datasets
• Data ethics and privacy
• Safety risks from artificial intelligence
• AGI timelines and forecasting
• Alignment, specification gaming, power-seeking incentives, interpretability
Let us know if you have any questions or comments, or if you (or someone you know) might be interested in leading a group discussion or making a presentation.
NOTE: These sessions used to be run on the platform here by the Montreal AI Ethics Institute (MAIEI) but MAIEI no longer uses this platform and new events (2020 onwards) are not an official part of the programming from MAIEI. Workshops run by MAIEI are available here instead - https://montrealethics.ai/meetup
The group is now run by Wyatt Tessari L'Allié of AI Governance & Safety Canada.